SF Mix

Group Leader
Hi all, I'm going to take a slight break translating this for a few days. I currently have finished half of the first volume and put it here. I think I might do one or two Tezuka "One Shot" chapters from somewhere else before I continue on translating the first volume. I would like to get some feedback on things like use of fonts, formatting, translations (if possible), and anything else you can think of. Happy Reading!

I was waiting to read it all once you finish, but since you asked for feedback, I'm looking through now.

I have no problem with fonts. Actually, I'm currently reading A Tree in the Sunlight. At first I thought their choice of fonts was weird, but I eventually just got used to it. Going from that to yours, yours strike me as different (from what I'm currently reading, specifically), but the more I look, the more natural they seem.

Also, I really like your variation in fonts and size where the scene seems to call for it. I imagine that's more clearly representative of what the Japanese text (and Tezuka himself) was going for.

At first glance, I can't see anything wrong with your translations, but I can't imagine I'll complain, for a few reasons:

1. Even some of the official translations, like the Digital Manga books, are sometimes stiff and have errors, so the bar for accuracy isn't high to begin with.

2. You're providing a free service, so even if I found fault with your translations, I wouldn't be complaining.

3. Tezuka's dialogue is typically quite straightforward, in that characterization comes from the content of the dialogue rather than any unique way it's expressed (for contrast, Rorschach from Watchmen is unique for HOW his dialogue is expressed). Typically, as long as the meaning comes across, everything is clear.

You are putting out content extremely fast, which is much appreciated, but if you need a little break, you've certainly earned it. I'm very grateful for your efforts.

Group Leader
Well thank you! yeah, I got a lot of free time on my hands for now, so I usually work on this. I tend to get 10-15 pages or so done in a day using my method, which is roughly 1 story. It took me an entire month to translate The Runaway Tanker and I was sitting on it until I made an account for here, so that's how it ended up being uploaded in one whole day. The other stories in the first volume besides the last one really don't interest me that much, so I'm going to pivot (for the time being) to doing 1-2 oneshot stories from other volumes. But don't worry, I WILL complete the first volume of this series. I really don't like the idea of only translating half of a volume and leaving it. I mean the stories are a bit too basic in terms of premise that remain (to me at least), besides the last one which intrigues me. I really liked the Great Zeo and You're the Last One!. If anything, Zeo might have been a prototype for Ambassador Magma. If there's one thing that tends to get botched it's the names of characters and places.

Fed-Kun's army
Anokata. I really liked reading this. Thank you for your hard work!

Group Leader
Do not worry, the final chapter will come out at some point... im busy currently and have to go over the script again...

Users who are viewing this thread