Shadow Queen - Ch. 26

Hmmmm think he liked it. He feels like the main male lead. He's a boorish little shrew right now, but I think they could get someone if he learns she's someone that could be an ally against her "family". And they're not cousins and weren't raised as such so that checks out too.

Could someone please remind me, why does House Friedrich need a substitute for Veronica? I seem to have forgotten

@Encly Because the actual Veronica was poisoned and is still recovering (coma recovery if I remember right) during which Veronica and by extention the family would have lost an incredible amount of influence due to her absence from the public scene.

They can't make public the poison attempt as it would weaken the family standing to political opponents and it could put the consideration of Veronica as a candidate for as a spouse for the prince in jeopardy (which would be the same if Veronica is just absent for a long time without a reason).

And while this would be a satisfying outcome in some measure, I doubt it would be ruin of the family the MC desires and that family would still be an active danger for her or anyone she ever cared about.

No matter how many manhwas i read about nobility, i still don't quite understand the tactics used on a fight between nobles

Users who are viewing this thread