Shadow Queen - Ch. 35

Okay but not a fixed amount? And she didn't even pay him? As a fellow artist I feel so bad

Could’ve paid him even if it was only a little bit. Basically just told him his hours of effort wasn’t really worth any price lol like I get it, it wasn’t your expectation but god at least pay him. Even if it was tiny. Not to mention, he’s your FIRST customer. He ain’t gonna be the genius you know firsthand when he’s still new to the business and of course he needs to please customers first to even start getting more customers.

I don’t care about her constructive criticism because not only was it not actually helpful, she was content on leaving him (her teacher in the past btw) behind readily because she didn’t like it, and she only repeated her criticism both times but in different words. And now she’s left him hanging to wonder what exactly it is he did wrong other than “it’s fake. It’s not authentic”. Like she could’ve given him some pointers. Could’ve even said it in a less condescending way since the way she spoke was honestly really rude and made her look arrogant. Get off with that “I can tell” bs. She should have realised that something must’ve happened to get his style where it was in her past life. I wouldn’t be surprised if he quit the job or something but knowing stories like this where we are supposed to root for the FL, it might speed run his development to what she considers “genius”.

Edit:
Why are some commenters acting like the sensitive people are dumb and what Elena did requires some super high IQ?? Tf??? We know it’s part of the “plan” because she’s the FL we are supposed to root for. By that logic everything she does is part of her plan since this is a fictional story. We are not stupid, we know how this works. We just don’t like how she treated him so you all can get off your high horse calling people that they’re not smart enough. If this was real life, she’d already lost him as an asset of her plan because A. he’d never want to talk to or work for someone like her again if he does become successful, or B. He might have quit art. But because they’re trying to portray her as a “smart, cunning” villainess, well, everything is going to go her way with Raphael actually apparently kickstarting what she calls genius.

Fed-Kun's army
At least pay him a regular price for his work? He still put in the effort and he was so nice about it. It's not his fault that he tailored his paintings to please his client. He literally needs to make money in order to survive, so there's nothing wrong with wanting to make your clients happy. She could have just paid him and asked him to make another, genuine painting. Jfc woman

Dex-chan lover
At least pay him for the paint he used! Paints are expensive, you know. And it's even more expensive for a street artist without a patron. Many street artists don't even have a proper room to sleep in.

Maybe she didn't pay for some reason. I just don't know what.
Whether she paid or not there are pros and cons on both decisions.
She also kinda worked and lost time standing there without being able to move, stretch or scratch herself if she wanted to, and she also gave a useful advice, so maybe everything's fine.
Although she should pay double the next time he paints her. (Oh! Maybe her not paying is to prepare for that situation)

I'm loving all the cries for her to actually pay him for his time and effort in the comics. I heartily approve. Also yeah, being an artist and working on a commission generally means that you tailor the art towards what the client wants. It's only when you're making art for yourself that you can truly be creative. I hope in the following chapters there is some mention of her actually paying him in some form - so far this work has been pretty good about following up on plot lines like that, so maybe?

Did she pay him? I don't want him to die of starvation. Even if it's not good, he still deserves some money.

Youve been painting ppl sir. Pretty painting..if only i could do such pretty paintings....TT_TT

wow. this mc...what a focking asshole.... artist works for TWO HOURS painting her stupid face and uses paint and a canvas that he had to BUY; he had NO clients that day except for her and what?? bitch doesn't even pay him but instead insults his artwork and acts like a know-it-all despite the poor guy meeting her for the first time??? "draws what would please ppl and would get him money" bitxh what tf do you expect him to do???? what artist doesn't try to satisfy their client and be paid well????? she's so selfish, arrogant and rude??? she could have given him directions if she wanted a specific artstyle??? she just said "portrait" and he did a pretty good portrait!? WHAT DO U FCKIING WAAAANT!!!!! RESPECT AND PAY THE ARTIIIST !!!!!! so hateful, i can't stand such protagonists, ugh :C

Aggregator gang
bruh. you didn't even paid him. like he spent hours in that painting!

I don't understand why people thinks she needs to pay him anything. He wasted 2 hours of customer time giving nothing she wanted, and she should pay him standard price?
For what? Hard work, effort?
After school nobody cares about your hard work.
And we clearly know that he put no real effort in painting, just taking it easy. He didn't even ask what sort of painting she wanted, just done it according to mass produced template catered to mass customer. It's not even art at this point.

If he wanted set price he should said so when she asked, he didn't. He should be happy he didn't need to pay her for wasting her time, or only artist time have price?

Users who are viewing this thread