Shadow Queen - Ch. 38

I think people are really hating on this arc too much. She's a villianess, this manwha is apart of the villianess genre. She's not going to be nice and respectful all the time. She needs the artist to get better quickly to aid her plan concerning the renaissance. Plus, not only did she help him paint for himself and not for others, but she also helped him with perspective this chapter.

On a side note, idk why some are comparing Aria from Hourglass and Elena. The worst Aria has to deal with is Mielle, who is a literal child. Elena has to deal with LeBric, who is a strategist and graduated at the top of her class.

@97854324 her endgame obviously the ruin of Veronica's house and she might be wanted to marry the same person and birth same baby (I'm not sure because she used to be pretty innocent and loved her husband. But in her 2nd life, she might not pursue the marriage because she didn't make him as her must goal so far such as no thought about her husband and baby after the early chapter)

This might be comparable to Volcanic Age, bit slower tho

Ohhh~ the one the emperor loves that they killed . So he hates..... no, loathes her to the core.

@eriscity THANK YOU for saying that. Yes, i get why everyone is annoyed, BUT EXACTLY! SHE ISNT SUPPOSED TO BE NICE! She cant afford for him to spend so much time creating his art style, she needs it as fast as posible so she can continue with the rest of her plans.

Its understandable if he (and all the artists in the comments) get annoyed by this, like when she first told him at the plaza or when he kicked her out to think, maybe in his mind he's annoyed to be corrected too, but he's also learning from her, SOMEONE WHOM IN A DIFFERENT TIMELINE learned art having HIM as her teacher.

And if he's such a prodigy, he'll get it, use her words and learn.

(Pls dont attack me by all means this is a critic of my understanding of the manwha, its not for real artists :s )

people complaining about this arc esp this artist shit,
we are now at the academy arc. as this is where she will gather all people who will support her to open some kind of business that will be the rival of the duke's business and destroy the aristocracy

plus about the new girl, she was the empress in the previous timeline. before the duke killed her so Elena posing as her daughter could become the empress instead
the emperor in the previous timeline, a.k.a our ML actually knew that someone else is posing as the duke's daughter. Actually he even fall in love with her but he doesn't show it and act as if he despise her. he lack the power because of the aristocracy has more power than the royals to be able to protect Elena

Dex-chan lover
@eriscity
It's not about nice or not nice. It's about how believable the interactions are. It all goes well for her, but it really shouldn't.

Dex-chan lover
Man, this whole thing has just been giving me "tighten up the graphics on level 5" vibes. I don't care that she's being pushy or whatever (though I still do wish she paid the guy for his 2 hours of work) but this speedrun art stuff is as unrealistic as tea cocktails fixing your relationship with your rude classist parent-in-laws lol.

I really do hope that the rest of the recruiting is more grounded than this.

Why do I get the feeling whoever wrote the original novel doesn't understand style development at all?

Fed-Kun's army
How does she know more about art than an artist? Her knowledge of art theory was never mentioned before. This feels like an asspull and her interactions with the artist don't feel believable at all. I feel bad for the manhwa's artist for having to illustrate this lmaoooo. It's genuinely painful.

@AlmondMagnum Yes exactly!

On an unrelated note, does anyone else feel bad for Raphael? In a regular timeline he would have developed these skills himself, found his own style, and grown as an artist the proper way. I feel like he's going to end up insecure because MC has literally stolen all of his ideas and thrown it back at him 😶. (Not that this is her fault, because she has priorities beyond the artist's feelings, but I still feel bad for our boi.)

@nivinator he was her teacher in her first life. she put a lot of effort into learning what she could in order to prove herself as a good replacement. so anyway, she's just spitting back at him his own teachings, heh...

Huh? Empress??? But wasn't the FL the previous 'first' empress, even with a child, before the real Veronica swapped out with her? Or did I miss/forget/mistook something in the storyline?

I'm genuinely confused, please send help.

Double-page supporter
@jitterbvg
In the previous timeline, Cecilia was taken as the empress and Elena (as Veronica) was queen. Duke had Cecilia poisoned so "veronica" would be moved up from Queen to empress, part of the reason Prince didn't like "Veronica" initially. He did figure out she wasn't the real Veronica, was being used, and eventually grew to like her but kept up the appearance of hating her thinking if she remained "unfavored" they wouldn't replace her, which clearly didn't work as giving birth to a son proved she was "favored" which is when they decided to replace her

Double-page supporter
@kminjii To sum it up
Prince tried to keep it seeming like Elena was not favored so they wouldn't replace her with the real Veronica when the situation was unfavorable but birthing a successor they realized he favored Elena and chose to strike

@nivinator Pretty sure there was a brief flashback showing that he was her art teacher in her previous life. All the knowledge she's sharing is basically what she had learnt from him.

Yea I also feel sorry for him. A lot of these reincarnation/time-travel manhwas have the MC regurgitating the knowledge they gained from an expert from their previous life, to the same expert.. Then the said expert has this moment of revelation and gives full credit to the MC, when they were really the one who originally came up with the idea. I always felt sorry for these characters because they believe that their worth was only gained through the MC's help.

Users who are viewing this thread