Shadows House - Digital Colored Comics - Ch. 169 - The Five New Pairs

Dex-chan lover
I feel like "Oscar" would be pronounced normally ("Osk-er"), while Oskar would be "Oss-karr". As for Stella and Candy, there are some other pairs that had weird names. I remember there was a page showing all the shadows and children at least once, and some stood out to me as odd/mismatched yet never appeared. I'm trying to find it, but Chapter 74.5 shows a pair named Kevin and Victor.

Also, the fact Laurel never seemed to speak concerns me given what happened with Shirley. And they both wear purple... It doesn't feel like a coincidence to me.

Double-page supporter
The name pair that has me more confused is Oscar & Oskar, I'm struggling to imagine how they'd be pronounced differently.
Maybe the katakana was オスカル (osukaru) and オスカー (osukaa)

Dex-chan lover
I feel like "Oscar" would be pronounced normally ("Osk-er"), while Oskar would be "Oss-karr". As for Stella and Candy, there are some other pairs that had weird names. I remember there was a page showing all the shadows and children at least once, and some stood out to me as odd/mismatched yet never appeared. I'm trying to find it, but Chapter 74.5 shows a pair named Kevin and Victor.

Also, the fact Laurel never seemed to speak concerns me given what happened with Shirley. And they both wear purple... It doesn't feel like a coincidence to me.
Kate had 3 days to "train" the new children (who all look fantastic by the way). I’m confident she was clever enough to take measures regarding Laurel and Lulu’s situation mirroring Shirley and Ram’s.

She just isn’t the type to reproduce an error twice. If they didn’t before, Kate probably made them share goodnight kisses for Laurel to "stabilize" and develop her own personality. It could be that she just is very quiet lol. My 15 years old cousin whom I’m very close to is like that. I don’t think she is autistic or anything but she will never speak a word unless absolutely necessary despite being very articulate and academically gifted. She just doesn’t talk and doesn’t move for no reason.

But in any case, thanks for the TLs back to back Palmtop Tigers! You rock!

Double-page supporter
I love the Oskars' Arms-crossed-in-front and Arms-crossed-behind-back postures, one signifies overt hostility and dominance, while the other signifies restrained hostility, and light feelings of needing to control yourself (Holding one upperarm with another, would signify very intense need for self control, rather than hostility), how it's like one person, but in two different social situations at once.

Contributor
I could've sworn I've seen some of these kids from way before. Especially Candy. Like, from back in the village when the visiting adults from the 3rd floor had just finished selecting a new batch of children to abduct into the manor.

EDIT:
Candy, Oskar and Mattie (or so I think it's her) were first shown way back in Chapter 46, pages 9-12 or alternatively, in Season 1, Episode 11 of the anime.

Following what we know so far, that would likely mean these kids were originally named Stella, Oscar and Matilda from the village.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread