Shadows House - Digital Colored Comics - Vol. 10 Ch. 115 - Emilyko

Double-page supporter
So Kate and Emilyko are both named after original residents of the manor, and a noblewoman & maidservant pair who escaped the initial takeover no less. If anyone kept a record of or remembers that...

Dex-chan lover
So I have a new theroy about Kate. I think that when Emily got Catherine out of the cocoon, the morph, or whatever was left of it, retreated to the next best thing, her womb. It formed a new cocoon there, or used it as a cocoon. From there, it started to unify with the fetus. This also had a shadowing effect on Catherine, which most likely left her braindead, but the morph wasn't able to assume control over her body anymore, just keep her body alive.

I don't know why it took so long to unify with Kate, or why she took so long to develop. After she was born, the morph was no longer keeping Catherine's body alive, so she died.

Kate is a unique existence among shadows. Rather than mimicking a human like a morph normally would, she developed like a human baby would have. She is not quite like the other shadow children, nor is she like the adults. I think she will continue to grow and develop over time and will at some point be more powerful than normal adult shadows.

Fed-Kun's army
So Kate and Emilyko are both named after original residents of the manor, and a noblewoman & maidservant pair who escaped the initial takeover no less. If anyone kept a record of or remembers that...
They'd probably think it just a weird coincidence. It's a big leap from 'these two people have similar names to these other two people from over sixty years ago' to 'one of them is a weird shadow/human hybrid that's infiltrating the manor'.

Fed-Kun's army
After re-reading I realized something (well, I realized it in chapter 36 but it would be a spoiler to put it there) But this is the reason Edward initially hates Kate, and I thought I'd point it out since a lot of people (including myself, prior to the re-read) don't know.

Edward received reports on all of the shadow/face pairs prior to them debuting. In his extremely paranoid mind, he felt that from Kate's reports that she was behaving too normally, like she was wary of being watched. And as has been revealed here, that's exactly the case. Since the debut is seen as something that separates the fit from the unfit, he needed people to fail or else he would be seen as not doing his job. Shirley was a given, but based on his paranoid hunch, he decided the other person he would try to fail to be Kate. That's where his grudge started, and Kate's only been giving him more and more reasons as the story has gone on.

Users who are viewing this thread