Shadows House (Official Colored) - Vol. 15 Ch. 164 - Fragments of Favor

Dex-chan lover
Oh shit! The level of brutality in the manga only increases more with each chapter! Kidnapping, imprisonment, brainwashing, cannibalism, torture, starvation, attempted suicide and murder, that's a short list of what I've seen in this manga; with this end of chapter, we already know that Somato likes Tim Burton's version of "Sweeney Todd (lol)". Maggie made fun of Margaret for self-deluding, but at least she wasn't betrayed by who she believed in, how ironic.~ :huh:

Double-page supporter
Holy. SHIT. And I was wondering why there were so many comments on this chapter.
I'm so intrigued by Anthony/Christopher. Like lord. I already guessed he wasn't a good person, but he murdered (and possibily groomed/manipulated) a KID!
I CANNOT wait to know more. Literally shaking

Dex-chan lover
I think Anthony is an agent of chaos, saving the children isn't what he is after. Maybe vengeance ?
Well I hope Kate can piece things together and see right through this 2 faced bastard.

Dex-chan lover
I really think that the reason he killed her was because she stated her intention to annihilate all shadows. Anthony keeps a vial around his neck that I truly believe is Christopher's ashes, I really do think that Anthony loved Christopher. He wants to destroy Shadow HOUSE not all Shadows. He is willing to sacrifice shadows and humans for his larger goal, but an obsessive who only views shadows as monsters to be killed is someone who is ALSO standing in the way of his goal: destroying Shadow House and letting shadows and humans live together equally the way he and Christopher/Maryrose and Rosemary lived. That's my theory anyway.

Double-page supporter
Anthony reminds me of one song.
Au Revoir
Also, in the next chapter, I'll share a playlist I created. I've been reading Shadow's house with it almost since the beginning, it helps me set the mood!

Dex-chan lover
One a shadow die, their faceless doll will be brainwash to become a labor for the mansion. I think he worry she will tell other adult about him and he can’t take her him him. So he just kill her off. But I think this way will make other adults suspicious. 🤔
I am not disagreeing with the brainwashing part. but your other point just feels off. first, a successful brainwashed people would be just mindless doll. there is no way she can tell adults and make the adults suspicious. he is killing her is already his plan before the incident, he just want to do experiment. that's why he got no problem telling her all his secret.

but this is just make me curious about Christopher failed attempt at unification with Anthony. How is Anthony escaped adult eyes? Is he not brainwashed? or he can break it after some time? there is a case with Lamy, but Lamy's shadow is still alive so she can't broke off the brainwash. I guess its because Anthony is deemed as an invited adult, that maybe why they don't need to make him a faceless doll

Dex-chan lover
These are some interesting theories from my fellow readers. I also noticed that Maggie was starkly alike Margaret. If Shadows are unavoidably like their doll, what does that mean for Christopher and Anthony? If Anthony carries these malicious, manipulative traits, what does that mean for Christopher and his legacy? Had he always been manipulating Barbara?
Why did Anthony tell Maggie so much of the apparent truth? And what has he told Kate that she and we have taken as truth as well?
Anthony tell Margaret the truth because he planned to kill her before the incident. he just wanted to experiment to Margaret.

for the case why Anthony and Christopher have different traits is like Miya with her shadow, and Lamy with her shadow. they were lacking communication with each own shadow. for Lamy's case, it seriously very lacking that it make her dies after some time. for Mia and Sara is because Sara grown to be distant to Mia that Sara was not properly treat Mia well enough. but Mia was very dutiful to conduct her duty that she can fixed their problem unconsciously. for Anthony and Christopher is still vague actually. since when was the time their grown a different trait? we only know rosemary was the first that have solution for leaving the brainwash. and then rosemary told crhistopher how. after some time after that Christopher being invited but failed the unification. Anthony can build a different trait after leaving the brainwash and make hidden agenda or after unification he holds grudge to avenging her dead Anthony too. It's still a mystery for now. rosemary would be the key as she seemed like having a different agenda from Anthony

Dex-chan lover
Well that went up to 11 real quick. Kinda got me by surprise - did not expect this result until the last panel hit.
I guess there is no redemption planned for Anthony.

Dex-chan lover
I love the direction this manga is taking! Anthony killing two Margarets in a day in such a heartless fashion caught me off guard but I like it.

"Gee, I sure wish my favorite hriller manga picked up the pace."
Gore and violence: Mercy from Overwatch descending from the skies gif

Users who are viewing this thread