Shadows House - Vol. 5 Ch. 62.5 - Volume 5 Extras

Power Uploader
Where did it mention in story that the third floor residents stole someone else's faces?

That's a lot of characters, including the unnamed ones. This extra will come in handy for future chapters.

@ypudontknowwwho
I think it was in the "debut" chapter when Sofie the shadow started to separate from her "living doll" and the other residents reacted saying "Your face is showing"
Basically what it mens is that the shadows have taken over the human body and cover it like a shell or inhabit it.

I'm guessing Gilbert will appear more often as he was claimed to have strong soot powers by Oliver.
Nice to see different designs too, hopefully they will not be wasted, it would be a shame.

Seems to have been some minor typos in this chapter that we will have fixed soon.

By the way, come discuss the series with us at
https://discord.gg/veyTEtM

I like how all of the living dolls have black accessories while their faces have more colorful/ornate ones. A small detail, but it complements the world really nicely.

Dex-chan lover
There are so many other shadows and faces in the children's building, hope we see more of them in the next volume

Dex-chan lover
Vertical, Gilbert appeared only in two panels in one page, chapter 58. He is under Suzanna.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1109629/9

snowblues, all 6 volumes have extra. All are just colored sketches. Only vol. 6 have a dedicated page explaining a fight sequence in the last chapter of vol. 6

Group Leader
AHHH there's so many characters my brain is becoming sad, thanks for the translations. Though I dunno if it's just me but so many characters are so hard to keep up with.

@snowblue yes they do. We intend to TL the other volume extras after we've caught up to the JP release.

Sara, like Kate, didn’t give to Mia a name that seem to be derived from her own name. Idk if John can be included in this because I remember Shaun being a variation (?)

Quite a variety of faces tho it would be interesting to have some with darker skin. Would that be too confusing if there is dark skinned faces?

Dex-chan lover
Did it mention before that Edward was actually a shadow who had unified? Seems like a big bombshell to just mention in a cas list.

@Gimmy Well, we see him change from having a face into a shadow in different chapters seems evidence enough if it were never mentioned. I also seem to recall somewhere that those who move from the children's house to great grandfather's building has achieved unification after manifesting powers.

@Weinss Their names always remind me of the actress who played the girlfriend in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Yes, Shaun or Sean is a derivative of John. It's Irish I think.

@Weinss John and Shaun sound similar to one another, and as such can be considered "similar" names, even though neither one is derived from the other.

@herShie_4ever considering the setting of the manga is a 19th-century-England equivalent, I don't find it particularly likely that the author will choose to depict faces you wouldn't see in 19th-century Victorian England.

@Gimmy His unification was revealed in 36, and in subsequent chapters it's shown that unification is standard procedure for shadows living in the adult's building.

Users who are viewing this thread