She Becomes a Tree - Ch. 9

Oof, I think Kisuke actually was going to say best friend but thank god Chishiro assumed right?!
Also I always thought that Kisuke’s eyes were blank because she was always depressed, glad to see I was right, so we can see how Chishiro brings light back to her eyes

Fed-Kun's army
I wouldn't say the progess and confession was random. The mood was set right and they spent enough time through all the chapters enjoying each other's company that the timing was right. It was obvious from their interactions that it was yuri and not friendship yuribait. Becoming invested in something that turns out to be friendship yuribait in the end pisses me off more thah anything. I'm glad this avoided that. Also glad my comment from last chapter got fulfilled

I have to say, I was getting kind of worried that this was another mislabel and it wouldn’t progress any farther than shoujo aid territory. Glad to see it actually go somewhere. Now all we need is a kiss.

@CSmith327

I know what you mean. I remember reading a manga a while back where the pair was perfect for each other and it was obvious they loved each other but in the end they decided not to date and went their separate ways...I was soooo pissed. And don’t get me started on that bait-n-switch “budokan” anime....

I wasn't quite expecting it yet but I'm more of a sooner rather than later guy and the mood was good so I'm not complaining

Fed-Kun's army
@ElizLestrad another thing that sucks is slice of life manga with shoujo ai elements and crushes are revealed and everything but the final chapter is just like any other chapter in that series and not really a conclusion. Then they reveal that they got together in a 4 or 5 page extra but don't have an actual confession. I didn't read for friendship I read for the gay, dang it. If I want friendship I'll read those cute girls doing cute things manga.

Dex-chan lover
And then the branch broke and they fell tens of stories down and died.

The End.

Sadly, gayness couldn't save them 😿.

Fed-Kun's army
well, just all out progress right there :eek:

have to say, while I always like to see progress, this seemed a bit... rushed

Aggregator gang
I knew that this was going to be quick with only 10 chapter but I wasn’t expecting it be that quick

Users who are viewing this thread