She Brought Up the Friendly Protagonist as a Villain. - Ch. 3.5 - ANNOUNCEMENT, NOT AN EPISODE

ah this announcement is so toxic, i feel like others can explain it better, but this was just so poorly written and i feel like the author is being um ignorant?? she doesn’t really seem to know the difference in crappy translation websites that profit through ads and the fan translators that are genuine fans of webtoons that make no profit,,, she could’ve profited from the foreign audience she gained through fan translations through other means (merch, prints, buy me a coffee, patreon) or sought out official platforms to post her webtoon in english (she can hire a translator same way she’s hiring assistants, and/or also anybody can freely post their webtoon in the international naver webtoon app, she would have a head start with follows considering the foreign fans here) - BUT instead throws an ultimatum about stopping the whole webtoon because of translations, puts korean fans in awkward place, and ignores the possibility of growing a foreign fan base... i typed more than intended, it’s only chapter 3 and i just wanted to read something fun and fluffy :( it’s not like i don’t understand where she’s coming from, but i’ve seen other authors handle this manner better (honestly claiming copyright on those websites and reaching out to translators to drop a series feels more professional than this ultimatum move) it’s just a shame tbh i’m just gonna stop reading lol it’s what she wants anyways

I understand the authors point but I don't know why the tone sounds so ... off putting? IDK - I think I'll just drop this even if it does get serialized.

Well, that's one way to disenfranchise an audience. Hope the author does well in the future, 'cause I won't be supporting it.

Translating brings a work to a wider audience. If it's really an issue, why not appreciate that free marketing at least?

....okay? i mean, um, i’d be reading it if it’s available in my country, but actually it haven’t.
Kind of glad i haven’t been too absorbed with this manhwa.

Dex-chan lover
What a pusillanimous artist. Fuck you! Is his fault not making other versions, so it is his lose.

The comments on the original raw site are nasty! the author keeps mention her health and keeps threatening to stop making the webtoon if the illegal translations keep going on. She doesn't sound like a very mentally healthy person and keeps trying to use sympathy to gather support but it is only alienating her Korean audience. She seems to be in a position that she doesn't need to be making a webtoon but is pushing herself to make it for what? It doesn't sound like she enjoys making this webtoon and the webtoon is completely free on Naver right now.

Dont be harsh on the author. She probably saw her work being uploaded on garbage sites that have ads and thought the translators are profitting.

And I mean yeah, its hard for foreigners to support her because we dont have korean credit cards. But at the end of the day all this translation work is illegal.

None of you have to pay a dime. I doubt half the readers for popular works on here that have official english translations even pay for the official english ones either. These artists are not making much money. They need to live and eat too.

I think I kind of understand? . . . . . (idk how this shit works firstly) I think some websites are profiting from this and the author have some problems (health wise, translation wise and stealing wise)

tbh I wish her good health.

Weeelppp... I'm open for major and smol spoilers ^_________^^_________^^_________^^_________^^_________^

Weeelppp I'm open for major and smol spoilers ^_________^^_________^^_________^^_________^^_________^

I mean it's a generic baby clone reincarnation story, I won't miss it. I've got like 16 others to read and keep up with. Wishing the author better health.

Illegal? YES Worth the drama? NO

Going as far as to say that she is dying while we leech of her work? Come on, the chapters are free on Naver so I don't get her anticlimactic statements, even Korean fans are going mad about her attitude.

Thank you for bringing her work thus far and for stopping after she asked, it was good but not worth the threats, drama and problems. I wish her all the best and not just for her body but mental health, she needs help.

Seems like the author is in a bad position rn tbh it sounds kinda exaggerating but fear not hopefully she gets better and I don’t understand why people are hating on this announcement but making an comic/webtoon/manga is very hard without an group and to add on that if your also coloring/shading/translating/sketching/no group/layering back and forth/background/planning the next plot/quality check/redrawing. Very much things to do WITHOUT an group that’s why a lot of GROUP is called A GROUP. (Don’t come for me ;)

But if she is releasing only in Korean what does English translations have to do with it? Release in English and ask not to rip you off.

How is your work killing you connected to piracy? :/

And I don't know if 100 hours is too little or too much, for a 6 page webtoon with about one page worth used for title and end credits, but what will happen when scenes get more intensive? Sounds to more like someone bit more than they can chew and are now venting.

" i warn you, don't translate and spread my webtoon. if this continues, i will stop drawing webtoons. " this sentence has put me off so bad, the author sounds so rude?? the author could say it in a better and polite way. this sentence just made me never want to support this author ever again.

I don't get the hate. Let's be honest here, we are completely in the wrong here no matter what aspect you look at it, and we would be all pissed off if it were us in the author's shoes. Whether it's available here or not, the fact is the author's work is being stolen and has every right to be mad.

sometimes we do illegal things to read the things we cannot afford or understand in its original language~ i know she's going through a lot but this sure will make international fans lose interest,,, anyway, i'll just wait for this to be serialized (maybe?)! adieu~

Users who are viewing this thread