She Doesn't Know Why She Lives. - Vol. 2 Ch. 15 - The Great Aging

Dex-chan lover
From time to time my parents or acquaintances remind me, that if I were doing some sport, I would have felt much better.
But me too, most often turn on to do it lately in the night (like now). If I'm extremely lucky, I even go half of weekend bicycling. But that's it. Earlier I could hold up to 2 weeks. Now, I guess, I quit after 3 days.
With my current situation like OL Izumi from previous chapter, at the end of day the only wish is do some chores and to turn off mind playing some computer games, leaving myself 4 hours of sleep. If you're drowsy, you can't perceive the reality effectively, and can't think about sad things of your life too much

This is pathetic. She's just comparing herself to people's highlight moments. The author is just appealing to our culture of envy and the sense that time passed us. 25-26 is still very young. I hope whoever reads this doesn't think "this is sooo me lol" but rather motivates themselves to get out of any rut they're in.

Can't say I never felt envy like that. But it does help to realize that most of the time, you're just better off not getting into comparisons like that. Though sometimes it does put things into perspective.

Also, Orimoto Motokazu --> Harimoto Tomokazu

Kinda interesting to use him as an example. When he was 15, he took the table tennis world by storm, beating a bunch of top players at a super young age. Now, a couple years later, he kinda hit a wall. He's still obviously one of the best in the world, but he's having a bit of trouble against certain players.
So in one sense, he's a huge outlier (most people at 15 are nowhere near that level), but in another sense he's probably just like everyone else, feeling inadequate. Going by some of his interviews anyway.

Guess what I'm trying to say is that there's a probably a bit of similarity between MC and him, even if that wasn't the point the author was making.

Fed-Kun's army
This is pathetic. She's just comparing herself to people's highlight moments. The author is just appealing to our culture of envy and the sense that time passed us. 25-26 is still very young. I hope whoever reads this doesn't think "this is sooo me lol" but rather motivates themselves to get out of any rut they're in.
It's easy to simply dismiss her like that, sure, but modern culture is one that promotes this sort of comparisons in the first place, not to mention her already weakened state of mind. When you're caught in a downward spiral like this, you become vulnerable to getting swept up in your regrets like this and start bemoaning the time you'd lost, which saps you of the will to change things and thereby feeding this cycle anew.

Is it self-destructive? Of course, but if we were able to just snap ourselves out of it we wouldn't have been caught up in it in the first place. And, the reason you're able to snap out of it is probably because you had enough sense of self-worth; many of us who find ourselves stuck in such a spiral just couldn't find it to like ourselves in any manner at all.

Being dismissive like that isn't going to help anyone who's stuck, but will only exclude them further and make them feel even more distanced and unaccepted. In fact, just showing that there's at least some other person out there who's feeling similarly - whom they can relate to - can help alleviate that sense of unacceptance and loneliness, even if it doesn't pull them out of the rut directly.

Dex-chan lover
Can't say I never felt envy like that. But it does help to realize that most of the time, you're just better off not getting into comparisons like that. Though sometimes it does put things into perspective.

Also, Orimoto Motokazu --> Harimoto Tomokazu

Kinda interesting to use him as an example. When he was 15, he took the table tennis world by storm, beating a bunch of top players at a super young age. Now, a couple years later, he kinda hit a wall. He's still obviously one of the best in the world, but he's having a bit of trouble against certain players.
So in one sense, he's a huge outlier (most people at 15 are nowhere near that level), but in another sense he's probably just like everyone else, feeling inadequate. Going by some of his interviews anyway.

Guess what I'm trying to say is that there's a probably a bit of similarity between MC and him, even if that wasn't the point the author was making.
Nah thats gotta be intentional

Users who are viewing this thread