She Doesn't Know Why She Lives.

It’s so relatable. Yet I love it because it really addresses the issue and puts it into different perspectives with others who face the same problem. Honestly a really good read.

Everyone is talking about how relatable this series is. But I want to say I what particularly like of this series is not just being a depressing rolling ball of induced empathy, but the grounded depiction in the ways it manifests. It doesn't just paint a character as just "depressed" driven by absurd level of loneliness and poverty, possibly going "Hihomori" (not to say they aren't real, but depiction of this more "functional" type of depression I haven't seen in many media). But a person who while still "functions" - still go to work, still have contacts with friends, still eats, shops, and cleans like any functional adult. Yet, still wrestles with guilt and anxiety. Including the irony of feeling more guilt from feeling guilt.

I also really like how the co-worker is steps in. There is some "truth" in finding someone that shares it. "Situation's different, but I've gone through some similar things as you did". While it possible her friends in that group chat or that other co-workers she ran into are just as willing to help. There's something in sharing with someone that roughly the same level despite it also mean because they are in the same positions also means neither one can actually do anything (not that others can do much either), but there's something in that - I'm not sure how to put it into words, but I know it helps.

I really like the way the artist portrays how one feels totally isolated even when surrounded by friends and coworkers. After a certain point you have nothing in common with your old friends as everyone moves on a different path, while your coworkers remain just that - your coworkers.

Dex-chan lover
knees weak, arms are heavy. I see she has a job that nice, was about to drop the series if she is going to be magically living on.

Dex-chan lover
Welp, this is interesting, but certainly painful to read.

I just hope it has a fulfilling ending and we don't need to watch her suffer for too many volumes.

“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.” -- Henry David Thoreau

This hurts so much to read, the issues mc faces are just so vague and grounded, i cant help but feel like sayin "big mood" every 3 panels.
It's lovely, it hurts, thinking about the questions raised in the manga, thinking about what i'll possibly do if the situation happens in my future fills me with so much anxiety my gut hurts.

Wholeheartedly recommend.

can we get a chapter where she orders weed or molly or something off the darkweb and then feels way better and super happy for a while and realizes her worries were stupid?

It hurt so much reading this, but each small good thing that happens every so often makes me want to cry.

Users who are viewing this thread