She Likes Homos, Not Me - Vol. 3 Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
I’m confused. I wholeheartedly believed that he was gay, but them he did that?? Is it from the peer pressure or he actually chose to do it? I don’t understand anymore...

Edit: ok so I scrolled all the way down to find an answer, some closure for this and @Yabaibunni answered it. I don’t like what happened but at least now I understand.

love the good old "lol just b urself :^)"
the same shit happened with Shimanami Tasogare, what's the fucking point in making a manga about real world issues re. sexuality and then ending it with "actually everything is fine suck it up homos, fufufufufufufu"
this better be a fakeout

I might need a rereading of this series but Imma have to say this. FUCK Miura man I just hate her whole character. In the beginning chapters she's pretty cute but gets a little annoying as the story progresses. And I feel like her reason for liking homos is just I dunno I felt it's unjustified because she likes reading BL and stuff and somehow can sympathize with a gay man that easily.

EDIT: Okay I reread this chapter. I still don't like Miura's character at all. She could've taken this thing into private matters with Jun.

Reminds me of that magic academy book series that I've read, where first books were interesting, well thought through, characters and their dynamics were very life-like; and then one of the authors left, and the last book was basically a sickeningly sweet present to present boring retelling of how the main guy tried to make it up for the girl because they've never had proper period of courtship before they've started dating, and I was sitting like… what the fuck. Where is everything I've loved about this series?

It's the same here.

Though I was getting warning bells from the moment that main bully went with a speech when they were discussing homosexuality in class, tbh.

Dex-chan lover
first of all, fuck ono, he doesn't get to say shit
second, why does this feel like a dream sequence towards the end, where his arm cast flew off and everyone cheered for him, like something you'd see before you die or something
MAYBE HE REALLY DIED FROM THE FALL AND THIS HAS ALL BEEN A DREAM
as for the speech, well, it feels self-centered and indulgent, like i appreciate her taking the spotlight to support him, but the spotlight was on her painted as a victim nonetheless
i know she was hurt as well, but her only common experience with mc is that ppl found out she was a fujoshi
that is nowhere near the level of ostracization that andou has faced, which has been dehumanizing

and that kiss..? a goodbye/thank you kiss? make up kiss? world-peace-is-established kiss? what was that?
on that point tho, i agree with @GracelessLiar :"It's entirely possible Andou is homosexual but biromantic, meaning although he only has "hard" (sexual) love for men, he could have "soft" (romantic) love for either/any gender. Does that make him "less" homosexual? Not at all."
gender/sexuality are not clear cut that's for sure, but one thing is, and that is ono being a righteous homophobe asshole

@smushed_grapes
I know you feel that the gross predatory relationship is just there to further a harmful perception and stereotype of gay people, but irl it's a real problem. No I'm not being homophobic and almost certainly neither is the author, we're both gay hahah.

And no I am absolutely NOT saying that being gay magically makes someone an evil predator, far from it, The large majority of gay people are obviously just well simply normal people. But this doesn't mean that predation isn't a problem in the gay community. No I won't pretend to have all the answers and solutions to this problem, maybe it's a result of a naive gay youth due to lack of proper sex ed for them, resulting in them being easier to manipulate, or maybe it's a simple cycle of abuse along the lines of "well this happened to me and a lot of my gay friends so its normal and just" type thinking. It could simply be extremely repressed teens being unsure of themselves and seeking out a relatable older "role model" when they have no one else to turn to.

It could be because of all of these or none of these, the point is it's incredibly dangerous and toxic to the gay community to act like anyone who brings up an issue within it is automatically homophobic when they could just be concerned and trying to spread a message.

And yes their relationship and sex scenes are abso-fucking-lutely revolting. However I feel that the sex scenes might have been used as a way to get uneducated fujoshis to read it looking for smut, but might actually ending up getting educated instead of furthering their even moreso deluded idea of gays.

Finally, yeah I'm not sure what the point of that translator's note about Ono was, just kinda made it obvious he was gay imo.

I don't know what this manga is trying to say anymore. Miura's oversharing made me cringe so bad, it's as if Andou was outed a second time without his consent. There's no One True Way to be gay, and I really wanted to appreciate how this manga SEEMED to be differentiating sexual attraction from emotional attraction in the previous chapters — but holy hell this chapter's resolution was like an erasure of Andou's sexuality.

Editing just to say: I HATE ONO SO MUCH.

yknow, it's cool to share everything and be yourself and all but like

i would really love it if she could mind tpo in order to avoid tmi...
maybe it doesn't need to be over the microphone with your teachers hearing it all too...

but then again i can't really say, because this might be the only way she could try to save our boi.

HDIAHDIAHWIHAJEBE THIS CHAPTER KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
This chapter seriously looks like some self incert fujoshi shit
The ending was so that part of EVA where everybody is omedetou to shinji
I sincerely prefer the depressed arcs where everything is triggering than this fake and bizarre scene

Omg this chapter??? Was pretty bad?? Idk if it's because of my social anxiety, but the entire time when she was telling their story I cringed so. bad. I would rather die then go through something like this. Aside from that, it's just so not real?? Everything up until now was incredibly relatable and felt so tangible, but this chapter....
I hope things get better for the next one.

This was such an interesting premise, but this last chapter is... Odd. It does feel like a dream sequence, as if all the ambiguity needs to be resolved. The way they're playing it this feels less like a troubled guy finally being understood, and more as a confirmation of homosexuality as a temporary issue that can be cured by the love of a Good One. Insidious. Really looking forward to seeing what ending they're gonna choose.

this screams wish fulfillment. pretty lack luster end to this, but it's still a okay manga.

Why did they kiss? A touchy moment but I'm still confused. Someone please explain.

What? Am I missing something? Is this a fantasy of Miura's? I don't get it. Someone needs to explain it to me. I just noticed there are more chapters, I appreciate the quick translation.. I need answers

bro what..kjreoemnrk this was ass. literally why would u out someone like this...............kmvfjuiekjfgoifwsji i gotta get outta here 💀

Contributor
ok yeah this chapter lost me lol

@Suns I didn't interpret Shimanami Tasogare's ending to be a "everything is actually fine the way it is" ending, just that even though they are living in an unaccepting society, they can still find ways to be themselves and be happy. People can choose to live their lives the way they want to, taking the time to figure out who they really are, without needing to label themselves.

This chapter though.......... was not that. First of all... all the teachers and all the students really just stood there and started listening to her speech in earnest? tf? Secondly, Miura, that story is not yours to tell. Why tf are you revealing private things that involve another person besides yourself? As if it wasn't bad enough that he was already forcibly outed? Third, having an ostracizing hobby is not the same as being gay, lmao. And the running part at the end with the crowd cheering and the culmination in a kiss.... I disagreed with other commenters saying they were worried about this leading to a conversion-y ending, because I saw a possible hetero-romantic open relationship, given that he does seem to like her romantically, but .... I can still see it happening, but this chapter was very uncomfortable to read.

Also Onoie thinks he's some kind of edgy Mr. F, but the "truth bombs" he drops isn't really as deep or profound as he seems to think it is.

Users who are viewing this thread