Shed! Ryugasaki-san - Vol. 2 Ch. 41

Dex-chan lover
@Glomoro
i've never seen anyone in a manga get made fun of for it, tho. examples??? not saying you're wrong, just haven't come across it.

Dex-chan lover
@nobaka Noragami, chapter 1 I think. Technically, there's more to it in that specific example but this is the only name I can pull off the top of my head, because of the enormous amount of things I've read and less than stellar memory, especially with names (there's a reason I also tend to call characters by some sort of descriptive nickname like Thirsty McTopheavy). Might or might not have been more common in shoujo stuff? That is more of a for girls arena and all, and this particular occurrence is one for the social environment involving high school girls.

Group Leader
@Picks @Shadow @darelord
Thanks for the info. And wow, it already has an anime adaptation? Gotta binge it~

About speaking in the 3rd person, YES, it's definitely weird even in Japan, but it's not that negatively perceived. It seems many young girls and even women use this way of speaking when they talk to their family members (especially their parents) or very very close friends (according to a study in 2009, 27% of female university students talked in 3rd person within their families). It gives off a sense of femininity, familiarity, and perhaps expresses a wish to be pampered.
A real-life example: Ayaneru and Maaya Tease Each Other.

Dex-chan lover
@Shin_968

I know it could be a cultural stuff in mangas, animes and dramas, but personnally I find it really cringy (way too try hard and artificial), that's the kind of stuff that break my suspension of disbelief when I go through a media.
But of course I prefer it not to be erased by an overly zealously localizated translation, respecting the author's intent and his work as a whole is definitely more important for me.

Speaking of that "way too artificial" feeling, the video link you give is quite a good exemple of it, as fabricated personas are the norm for all idols, actors and other performers in asia...

Dex-chan lover
Much like how amphibians and reptiles are distant cousins of one another, I'm starting believer she's related Asui from MHA...

Cultural things are difficult, especially linguistically. For instance, in Latin, using a pronoun as a subject is considered poor taste unless it's used to add emphasis to the agent, as Latin verbs already include endings that indicate whether it's first person, second person, or third person, and whether or not it's singular or plural, so it's superfluous.@zenyo

Dex-chan lover
page 1 : i guess you can say : she licks his "cream" , lol .

page 2 : there is "cream" on your face and your mouth .

cream :
The butterfat/milkfat part of milk which rises to the top; this part when separated from the remainder.
(vulgar, slang) Semen.

last page : i guess her "gap moe" makes the other 2 girls cumming : https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Gap%20Moe

Users who are viewing this thread