Shen Yi Di Nu

The pacing is so slow. 264 chapters and shes still 12. I think she should at least be married by now. At this rate even if Im not married yet my non existent child would be studying before this ends. šŸ˜‚ Will I ever see the ending before I lose interest?

I just canā€™t any more. I got to chapter 159 before the female leadā€™s unrealistically over powered abilities broke my immersion too drastically to fix. Thereā€™s a lot Iā€™m willing to put up with when given a decent explanation, but ā€œitā€™s a good thing I hung out with the trainer a few timesā€ as an excuse for a physics-defying special attack that only a supposed expert should be able to accomplish pushes it a bit too far for me.

God I do love this story, but now theyā€™re just straight up extorting people šŸ˜‚ truly iconic

Let me clarify that my rant is about the manhua itself. The translation teams have done an excellent job so I have no issues in that regard.

I just can't with this manhua anymore. This was one of the first manhuas I read so I wanted to stick with it until the end, but it's taking an eternity and she's still playing around with her family drama. I get she has to stick around for plot reasons, but leave it at the plot reasons, inane family drama is no longer entertaining after almost 300 episodes with the same people. Not to mention that she's getting more and more evil with her plans for people going against her.
I don't know if there was a change of editor and/or drawer, but around the 100+ chapters, we were suddenly introduced to many new characters who were acting like they knew MC for a long time now or were allies. We never got an explanation and they haven't appeared again since that setting. This was my first real problem with the manhua. I'm guessing in the novel they were given more explanation, but we never did here. Also as many have mentioned, the art style has changed, not enough to say it's bad, but it's definitely different from the beginning, which was also one of its attractive features.
From reading reviews of the novel, people also have complains there about the MC, problematic themes, etc., that even the Proofreader of the translation team was put off by it but continued because she had already agreed to. The novel has 1000+ chapters, if it's going to continue like this I'd rather drop the manhua now.

Stopped at 40. I love the art and the translations are great!!
It is a little gossipy and just not my cup of tea. I think the initial theme is cool and I wish it could have gone elsewhere or had more action. Family drama is a little tiring and the plot feels lost to me. Also, I am starting to not like the mc. Sheā€™s so caddy and even in times when it doesnā€™t seem necessary.

I think it is good, just not for me

Timeless leaf has it translated up to 350 on their website and is up to date with the raws (I think). https://timelessleaf.com/shen-yi-di-nu/
This is perhaps one of the longest manwhas out there, because the novel is JUST as long and drawn out.

One of my first manhua I read but decided to dropped it because of the slow pacing (its been hundreds of chapter and the girl didn't even age a year damn) and the change of art was super disappointing considering the reason why I first read it at first was because how pretty the art style is šŸ˜”

Users who are viewing this thread