Sherbet Above the Sea of Fog - Ch. 29 - A Secret Box

Dex-chan lover
She definitely didn't give it cursed blood - the box said she'd already paid the same price nine times, there's no way she could have done that when Granita's is the only cursed blood available.
Also . . . Sherbet's remaining brain cells break in the most . . . well, bizarre ways is probably the best way to put it, though hilarious also works . . .

yeah I agree, I don't think it asked for cursed blood from Sherbet either, so I'm really curious what it asked, and how did Sherbet give it 9 times that thing.

I can't help but read her word salad in gilbert gottfried's voice in my head...

Dex-chan lover
Not to be that guy but honestly.... i always feel like sherbet and granita relationship was missing pieces, ofc every couples wouldnt show everything detail of their development, but to sherbet and granita, it feels like important pieces, like the plot pieces.. anyway this series is such a banger gahhhh

Supporter
Not to be that guy but honestly.... i always feel like sherbet and granita relationship was missing pieces, ofc every couples wouldnt show everything detail of their development, but to sherbet and granita, it feels like important pieces, like the plot pieces.. anyway this series is such a banger gahhhh
Yeah.

Thing is, a good chunk of it was stuff that could be passed off easily as "Sherbet's brain is kind of a bit messed up", and a good chunk of the remainder could be passed off (after we learned about it) as "Granita's even more messed up than we thought" . . . It's like the thing with Sherbet's hair - after seeing it short, you realise the main title pic shows her hair short, but the way it's framed makes it really easy to miss, so it's kind of a retrospective spoiler . . .

. . . and oh my god, I just went back and checked the title pic and the box is there! And the kukri-like blade that Mors uses, with bandages underneath it! Retrospective spoilers again! Now we just have to wait and see what the last component of the pic (a doorway with a rolled up curtain or something like that) will tell us, once we've seen it already . . .

Total banger of a series, for sure.

thanks for the chapter!!

wait ok so assuming the creepy talking box is telling the truth, Sherbet has repeated this 9 times already?

That means she must have found the box 9 times before this, so why did she not find it this time?

And what are the prices that Sherbet paid to just, reset 9 times like that?
Sure the box asked these 3 weirdos to give it cursed blood, but that can't be the only thing it asked for, because if it only asked for cursed blood how could Sherbet made 9 wishes to it??

omg you're right! Well, almost. The existence of the creepy box kinda makes things more dynamic.
Either
1. She has come in contact with the box 9 times not necessarily finding it herself
2. Something must be different this loop
3. Ovarian ligament

I have a feeling her wish is to keep living the way she is right now, I mean she’s already told us that’s what she wanted. Stay in the ship, keep going in circles with Granita, it would make sense why Granita was so mad when she heard her say that she just wanted to keep having the same life… maybe an inherited subconscious memory? Idk

Users who are viewing this thread