Shi ni Modori, Subete wo Sukuu Tame ni Saikyou he to Itaru - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
we can justify the girl with cheat skill, but his dad also 1-hit the bear?

Dex-chan lover
@duy0699kat His dad is a warrior afterall. He's been implied to be strong. One shotting the bear was a combined effort. He went all in on that strike because the bears had been knocked off guard. What we saw was the limit of his ability. A downward swing with all his might and it was waay weaker than the daughters magic.

Aggregator gang
I'm really hoping this is the "I made preparations and the manga just glossed over it for now" type and not the "I trained a bit more this time so now I can overwhelm hoards of monsters solo because MC BS" type

Contributor
Mmh, i kinda don't want to see him chase after the old girl again.

He got a new life, it would be good if he make different choices now.

Dex-chan lover
IF the vilage is going to be swarmed why in hell did he not make it evacuate ... with his father he should have enough credibility to say that he spotted something big coming ...

Fed-Kun's army
Ugh, really don’t like this time skip... would have much rather had another chapter explaining some of his preparations, why he didn’t just tell the villagers “something strange is happening in the forest, I think we should evacuate,” etc. I think the author still could’ve done an effective timeskip by just accelerating through those years in one chapter, but now things just feel way too sudden. I’d assume it must be an axe, but this doesn’t seem nearly bad enough to deserve it, so I’m a bit confused.

isn't it better if MC reveal and share information?
why risk alone when you have your family?? hello???

Dex-chan lover
I assume he has plans to deal with the waves. Like traps or something. But I would think he’d want to share the info so those who can’t fight, like his mom, can evacuate pre-emptively. However maybe if he does it won’t make it happen and would severely change the future more than he already has. Like how in the heal hero manga, an event the MC did had resulted in indirectly but still completely changing how he meets someone he met in a precious reincarnation. We’ll see. This isn’t exactly the most comprehensive or well thought out series so maybe MC is just gonna wing it because he thinks he can handle it.

in the ln, did he attempt to improve the village defenses? 1 guy being strong is great, but a big wall or even a palisade would help...

Dex-chan lover
You all underestimate the hold people have of their reality. If somebody came up to you and said that they come from the future and know what will happen, would you believe them? Obviously not. Evacuating a village or building a huge wall is kind of a big deal and if a wave of monsters is just a large amount of beasts charging straight ahead at full speed then there is a high chance that it's impossible to tell that one is coming even an hour before it happens. With that in mind it's hard to justify having to abandon the whole village. Furthermore, we could still be shown in the next chapter how he prepared some traps or has the whole village on standby with an excuse of doing some drills.

I'm kind of miffed that the kids actually stayed. That was extremely risky. What if Tina accidently killed the dad. How would that feel later Tina?! Geez! It's one thing if they were more trained but for this it felt more like you have lottery winner luck for this going well.

Dex-chan lover
@Darkmint13
consider the options:

1) run away to get help, dad dies in the interim
2) run away to get help, dad survives (low chances)
3) stay to fight, fail to help, dad dies because the kids aren't strong enough, but they can't fault themselves for not doing their best, kids probably die too
4) stay to fight, accidentally kill dad trying to save him - trauma over killing her best friend's dad, but mc and dad knew the risks of doing this shit in the first place
5) stay to fight, what actually went down happens, everyone survives

@nobaka Based on the fact neither of them thought she could kill ONE bear the likelihood of her accidentally killing the dad was much higher than any of the other options considering they had no idea how high her output would be.

Also the dad knew what he was getting into. As the adult, his choice was to save the kids. They disobeyed him. Any other manga would have showed nothing but negative things happening as a result of this.

Dex-chan lover
RIP dad... insert "what happens when you leave your children with dad" meme

Users who are viewing this thread