Shiawase wo Anata ni - Oneshot

Aggregator gang
Why after the every freaking story of his is my eyes warm up and they're freaking hot and some water to cooldown my eyes and it freaking fell like, TEARS

Group Leader
On the bright side, there's no microtransaction system to guarantee a shiny rainbow SSS ultra-mega-rare pull...

@xieshu I understand that suicide can be seen as selfish, but I agree with @pokefairy. Bullying can seem light, and it can indeed be light. But if it was the sort that was able to push her to commit suicide, it definitely has to be on the heavier end. the feeling of seeking help and not getting it (from her teachers), the betrayal of someone she trusted as a friend, and the bullying that must have been continuing throughout all that; I'm lucky enough to have not been bullied in school, so I'm not, and can't speak from experience. But like pokefairy, I'm inclined to empathise with her. As you pointed out, she does regret it, as suicide is usually done in a situation where your better judgement is clouded. Not everyone has a strong enough heart/spirit to simply endure it. She had tried other options, but to no avail. At least she sees the good; while it's not mentioned I hope the boy also had good friends despite his family situation. In both their situations, it was unfortunate and as the boy said - they both had it hard. The boy looked like he could have survived it mentally, but unfortunately not physically; the girl probably would have made it physically, but her broken spirit led her to extreme means and the same result as the boy.

Even if one form of suffering is clearly harsher than the other, you can't discredit or discount the other form of suffering one has been through.

Also just wanted to mention how she could still bring herself to wish him happiness in his was-to-be-normal life, didn't want him to sacrifice himself for her, that she would have returned his lot back to him without malice. Of course the bigger person was the boy, as he was the one voluntarily taking a harsh life once again. Yet you have to acknowledge that she wholeheartedly tried to stop him from doing that.

You don't have to agree with my opinion, but I hope you can see where I'm coming from.
If you meant to let it rest, I apologise for bringing this back up.
Hope you have a good day, and that you'll be one of the elder generation in the path to get the lottery to your next life.

Fed-Kun's army
@xieshu I wonder what's even the point of calling suicide foolish, it actually says nothing and accomplishes nothing. Each person's experience is unique and out of the billion of people each with their own circumstances we can never really fully understand another person, never feel the same pain, the same fear. There is always something out of our grasp, you can never expect to understand one's life with just a paragraph much less with a word. I simply feel it's a great disservice to the very concept of understanding or empathy to call her final action(and everyone who was pushed to that kind of situation) simply "foolish" because of your own standard of morals or pain. I find it haughty, arrogant even when you call out someone as foolish and yet barely able to make a sound argument. Not like I'm one to talk here seeing how I'm writing this. Suicide it is foolish but that's not all there is to it, to say that you just need to tough it out doesn't solve the problem. "Foolishness" is a state of mind,you might even be born to be more susceptible to it. These people were pushed into that by circumstances they have no control of, yes just like the rest of us but not all are created equal some have it worst, some have stronger wills while some are weaker. It's even in the story!! I wouldn't wish a thing changed in the story lest it becomes uninteresting and less compelling of a story, why couldn't you have wished that they both have lived a happy life and didn't end up dead, that would have been much happier right?

Contributor
...I think arguing about whether suicide should be condemned is mostly besides the point of this particular piece.

They're both complete sweethearts.

To the extent that the topic was relevant to this story, the message seemed to be, "Yeah, life is tough sometimes, and you don't always make it out okay. The world would be a little bit gentler if we could all let each other know that's alright". Which seems about right.

(Having all said that, I'm definitely on the "what do you even hope to achieve by condemning suicide," side of the argument, myself. The only people you'll be able to condemn in practice are those who tried it and failed—and shaming sure isn't going to make things any better for them, or those around them.)

Double-page supporter
That sweet cinnamon roll of a boy... My heart breaks for you...

Thank you B-minus scans for bringing this story to us!

Dex-chan lover
why am i reading all of the author works at 7 am?
bitch i need to get ready to work, and im sitting her crying

Banned
I don't think that girl deserved that happy next life. Neither that bad life. But that boy endured so much and kept his heart pure for so long.

In the end he gave it away.

But the girl in next life at least helps him right?

Dex-chan lover
I found that the only people who ever talked shit about suicide and how it's 'foolish, cowardly, idiotic, asinine, dumb or whatever negative adjective possible', are the ones who haven't really, truly, felt how it's like to grasp the shorter end of the stick

Aggregator gang
Life is a tough bitch. I wish every once in a while to have never been born cuz it hurts so fucking much.

Knowing that ur fucking whole life will be dictated by some hormones and ur environment.

Knowing that every fucking religion is full of crap and that theres nothing waiting for me after death.

That I fear dying so fucking much.

That everything is fucking meaningless.

But then, sanity kicks in and makes me forget it until sleep deprivation or depression comes knocking again.

Pleasantly surprised with the sweet ending! I thought that since she mentioned her parents loved her, her being reincarnated into another common family household wouldn't have necessarily changed anything and it would end with her killing herself again and both of them continuing a pitiful cycle

Fed-Kun's army
@Nayaera You have a point, but since she is shown to have some kind of déjà vu in her new life, her subconscious attitude to misery will probably be different this time around. It sounds somewhat Buddhist, in that "cumulative" sense.

Users who are viewing this thread