Shihai Shoujo Kubaru-chan - Ch. 22 - Beyond Her Control

Dex-chan lover
How can this guy still have faith in her when she's done literally nothing for him yet?
Agree the only thing Tomata has done is introduce him to more crazy Riho and her Dad. Also is that truly her Dad or a puppet that she made pretend to be her dad.

Riho is now the main character. Whole series is just Kubaru attaining new puppets as the old ones break.
That would be a fun twist. The idea being she never makes them happy. The puppets die and she just assumes they were happy when it occurred.

Last edited:
Character: falling to their imminent death
Author: So yeah, cabbage is actually tasty.

God bless this author

Dex-chan lover
bro actually hit his head on that fall and this is all just a fever dream

Dex-chan lover
It won't stop!

5ex5j0H.jpeg

Holy mid. This has to be among the most mid things I've read and I read all sort of trash. Like it's not even the sort of trash where it's so bad that it's good. At first I thought it was going to be one of those "girl fixes guy" with the girl being somewhat yandere-ish/possessive/whatever. Then the whole thing happened with his dad, already had a bad feel but gave it the benefit of the doubt. Then they introduced the new girl and I was thinking "maybe Kubaru is just trying to get the MC to see her as his only option". Then he gets hit in the head and almost killed. I was thinking "surely Kubaru will save him and make him more dependent on her" or something. But nope. Then I was thinking "ok at least maybe it's the funny sort of trash and he keeps getting more and more girls like this". But nope, she fucking pierces his tongue forcefully and now he's almost getting killed by her "dad". I...really can't find anything enjoyable?

Also how does that deal work again? Him being happy? Let's see...got his arm broken, forced to break ties with his family. Forced to go out with a different girl despite liking Kubaru. Forced to lie to her. Hit in the head and almost killed. Painfully and forcefully got his tongue pierced. Then is now in a car crash. The only way I see it going is the stupid hentai logic of "she is gonna break him till he likes everything she does" with how seemingly he's cool with all of it and defending her because she pat his head...making him probably more spineless than your average male protag.

Guys, please, I beg of thee, recommend me something to cleanse my eyes and soul after having to read this. (If you got anything sort of "girl fixes guy" it'd be even better)

Dex-chan lover
Guys, please, I beg of thee, recommend me something to cleanse my eyes and soul after having to read this. (If you got anything sort of "girl fixes guy" it'd be even better)
I am going to shoot them one after the other because I assume you might have read many of these:

14-Sai no koi,Dusk maiden of amnesia,Hajimete datteba,Mado kara madoka-chan,Densha otoko,A galaxy next door,extremely straightforward boyfriend x girlfriend,Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki,Sweat and Soap,Ryuushika.

Yep I don't like this development, I think there could have been escalation while still maintaing certain boundaries and or coherence, otherwise this is like one of those series where you must ignore past events because of how contrived things are otherwise and I don't like that at all.
I can't believe for one second that he could put the boundaries to say no about a kiss but pushing her off with the piercing or just running away is too much.

There is no way he wouldnt be thinking 24/7 about that piercing, I know a guy who had it done in the tongue, it hurts and his tongue can remain swollen for days
https://www.healthline.com/health/tongue-piercing-healing-stages#symptoms-and-aftercare-by-day
My Suspension of disbelief can only go so far, you establish a character, if we see him react at X with Y and then don't have any real reaction to something bigger you have to sell it better than this.

I am going to shoot them one after the other because I assume you might have read many of these:

14-Sai no koi,Dusk maiden of amnesia,Hajimete datteba,Mado kara madoka-chan,Densha otoko,A galaxy next door,extremely straightforward boyfriend x girlfriend,Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki,Sweat and Soap,Ryuushika.

Yep I don't like this development, I think there could have been escalation while still maintaing certain boundaries and or coherence, otherwise this is like one of those series where you must ignore past events because of how contrived things are otherwise and I don't like that at all.
I can't believe for one second that he could put the boundaries to say no about a kiss but pushing her off with the piercing or just running away is too much.

There is no way he wouldnt be thinking 24/7 about that piercing, I know a guy who had it done in the tongue, it hurts and his tongue can remain swollen for days
https://www.healthline.com/health/tongue-piercing-healing-stages#symptoms-and-aftercare-by-day
My Suspension of disbelief can only go so far, you establish a character, if we see him react at X with Y and then don't have any real reaction to something bigger you have to sell it better than this.
Thanks a bunch!!! I actually only know 2 of those! (A galaxy next door which I had on my list and Sweat and Soap which seems fine but I prefer the author's other works, mostly cause Sweat and Soap goes on for a long time). I just like reading that sorta stuff before sleeping usually, helps a bit.

Also I didn't even think about it but actually yeah, his reactions are really inconsistent damn.

Users who are viewing this thread