Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - The Former Demon Lord's Stealthy Pursuit

@DrSuperKamiGuru you need to realise that the lion has a thick fur and hide so the ants couldn't do anything even if they try to sting him. If what you were saying was the case, then most animals living near a red ant colony would have died several millennias ago

Dex-chan lover
For once, the manga chapter is almost exactly what happens in the LN (Vol.1 Ch.13), just a few changes in the conversations' wording.
@Lord-Raine Nope, he's a demon that disguised himself as human.
Most of the demons and evil gods were killed or sealed away, and any of them he fought personally lost, so nearly no one will be able to recognize him, and the 2 or 3 villains that did in the first 3 LN volumes, died.
@jimmyclear Why does everyone keep thinking this? I've said it for the past 3 chapters that she doesn't do anything to him and she isn't one of the bad guys. She did scare the fuck out of him (in LN Vol.1 Ch.11) by threatening his past self,
"Hey, son of the Great Mages. Humor me by listening to my little monologue, won't you?"
Olivia continued on before I could answer.
"I used to act all high-and-mighty toward my stupid little brother- never showing him any affection...even though I'd always respected him in my heart... You know what? I even loved him. I would have died for him."
...I knew as much. I'd felt the same way. I would have thrown my life away for Olivia's sake.
"That's why... That's why I have to see him again."
"...To punish the traitorous Demon Lord for reincarnating into some other life-form without discussing it with you beforehand?"
"No, that's not it. I want to...apologize to him."
"Huh?" That caught me off guard.
Not that she noticed. Olivia's cat ears were back and flat against her head.
"It's my fault that he reincarnated. After all, I'd left him to his own devices, alone in the world. That's what drove him to do such a thing. Betrayal. But I had my reasons, too, you know. I want to talk to him about it and apologize...to go back to the way things used to be between us. To laugh together over nothing, just like siblings. That's how I really feel.
These curveballs left me speechless. My eyes started to well with tears, clouding over my vision. I never knew that she felt this way. I'd been sure she would unleash her fury once she found me out, but that didn't appear to be the case after all.
She was kinder than anyone else. How could I forget. She would never, ever attempt to live long enough just to punish her little brother.
...(skipping the last bit here nothing but more thoughts on her being nice)
I had to say it. I had to tell her I was the Demon Lord. Then we could be a family again-
"Yes. I'll make up with him...then get revenge for my steamed potato...!"
"Um? ...What? E-erm. What do you mean...?"
"What do I mean? That piece of garbage ate my delicious potato that I'd been saving for myself, and then he had the gall to reincarnate himself to skedaddle on out of there...!"
...Damn, that's right. I totally forgot. I wolfed down her potato at the very last second to piss her off. I figured I'd never see her again. I can't believe it's come back to bite me...!
"I'll never forget my frustration and hatred! That's why I'm gonna find him and make him pay! That's why I've lived on for thousands of years!"
What kind of life is that? Geez, what a face. You don't look like a demon. You are a bloody demon.
Thank goodness I hadn't admitted the truth. I was better off not admitting it at all. I'd been the one to instigate it, I guess; I wasn't ready to deal with the repercussions in the slightest.
making him change his mind about telling her the truth, and that should've been part of the end of chapter 6 or the start of 7.
@stavekoff @DrSuperKamiGuru @Amefern_Orchid What he said in the LN was, "...This is like a dozen or so ants teaming up against a lion. Nothing to be scared of." I'm not sure why it says "dozens" in the manga.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

wow, what large spacious sewers! The city must have planned for a thousand years woth of population growth

@Leo80221 Maybe the reason people are talking about things you know the answers to because you read the LN, is because it's fun to talk about things and speculate. And maybe the reason people are still talking about those things even though you deigned to enlighten them on all the ways they are wrong chapters and chapters ago is because people don't read what you post and do not want to.

Spam notifying people who were not talking to you so you can try and force feed them spoilers is the literal definition of the "holy shit that's crazy, but I don't remember asking" meme. How other people feel about it is up to them, but do not do that to me again. If you do, I will start reporting it. Enjoyment is scarce enough with the Chinese knockoff spam and flood of half-decent series that barely make it to chapter 10 before being dropped. We don't need aggressive LNfags trying to inject themselves into conversations or comment sections and tell everybody spoilers. If I wanted to know what happened in the LN, I would read the LN. Nobody asked. Stop posting spoilers.

Does the succubus girl really like him or is she just imprinting like most manga girls? I get the childhood friend but I find the succubus annoying and suspicious 😒.

Fed-Kun's army
Ya know most the time I don't want the childhood friend to win but here that does not apply.

@monkey123 I'm asking if she's in love with him. Answer the question if you want. If not, go get mad at something else 🙄

@monkey123 now you're just being unreasonable. I can't ask her cuz she's fictional and I can't ask the author cuz they're Japanese and this is not even an official publication. Please carry your anger somewhere else. If you can't answer the question then don't bother me. I already know mc saved her but I'm asking if she's in love. Simple and short. Yes or no

Users who are viewing this thread