Shijou Saikyou no Mahou Kenshi, F Rank Boukensha ni Tensei Suru - Vol. 3 Ch. 20

Group Leader
Is this a snipe? It hasn't even been a full month yet, let alone the typical unsaid 3-months general practice that most established groups adhere to before picking up a dormant translation project where the previous group is inactive.

Dex-chan lover
Without any evidences he demolished of any bastards he comes in his way using a bastard sword, then no one will complain to him that he is an F-rank.
Also, i agree to him being an f-rank, this is to avoid any church, nobles or royalties to set an eye to him like what happen in his previous 2 lifes.

Also, in those previous 2 life, he already know which is the best, is it a flatboard, or a mountain hills.
He definitely will not choose between them, but will grab them both, because he already knows the senses of it and how to enjoy it.

Dex-chan lover
some series always give a vibe of being prepared to get axed at any chapter...

Group Leader
@Suiji01z
hmmm.... i feel like i did something bad... i think i shouldn't have uploaded this 😅 @Harry_Dong @islamabat221 i'll stop it all

Putting this in spoiler tag because it's a long reply:
I'm not saying you did something bad, maybe discourteous or breach of etiquette at most.

There are times when a snipe is good thing even when another group is actively working on it. For example: if the current group often has terrible mistranslated dialogue that's obviously wrong even to the laymen without knowledge in Japanese, has obnoxious watermarks, poor grammar, no spellcheck whatsoever, substandard fonts, ugly redrawing skills...etc, of which there are plenty of inferior groups like that out there. In those instances, it would actually be preferred if another group with higher standards (like a better comprehension of Japanese and/or English) picked up the project.

Competition is not inherently bad, when readers have a choice of reading a higher quality work between 2 or more groups working on a particular series concurrently. If the quality on all levels is equal, then it's usually seen as pointless sniping wars from the readers point of view who would rather see cooperation between the two equally adequate groups.

It's only when a lower quality group comes out and is pitted against the current group...lower quality standards like speed-translations, machine translations, so on and so forth; are generally frowned upon (with the exception of there being nobody else working on the project, then people take what they can get), especially if it ends up discouraging the higher quality group to drop the series--and then all we're left with, is the lower standard translation who has no proven track record of being good or consistent with releases.

As for your case, I suggest polishing up your skills, finding better fonts, read more series to try and match that level of quality (you'll notice a lot of similarities like the same fonts being used), and look for series that have gone dormant without an English release of 3 or more months; they are countless. One suggestion of improving your skills is also joining up with a larger group...many large groups are even offering to teach newcomers, be it with the Japanese language to typesetting. There's no reason for you to do every task alone, unless you're confident in your own skills.

I hope my constructive criticism helps in your future.

@EnkiduFSK
@islamabat221
@Harry_Dong
Why not ?
3 months since the last chapter translated, or 3 months since the last raw released, no because there are 33 raw chapters out ...
the goal is to be as slow as the official translator? like "webtoons"
But i agree that quality is important.
But in this case, what are you afraid of?
That people who are not interested in quality no longer read top quality trad team work ?

In any case, all your rules of respect, I did not see them when LHTranslation
have resumed lots of series that they had abandoned, while others translation teams had taken them over in the meantime.

and I'm not sure they need to be defended, it's not small groups and they are rather old, survivors, with their community

@Suiji01z
You did nothing wrong
But it is true that it is better to translate a series that no one translates, or to resume one that has been abandoned, there are plenty of them and better than this one
There are also people who can't stand to see a translation team sitting on so many untranslated chapters.

It is envy or reason.
The desire to read everything right away, so translate even though someone is already doing it (even if it's slowly)
vs translating something else and thus offer readers one more reading

Thanks for the translation, I don't criticize mistranslations, as long as I grasp the situation on every page I'll read it.

Group Leader
@Harry_Dong Dont mind it much honestly but as @Suiji01z said on the credit page slow releases are mostly due to a lot of staff dealing with school-related things at the moment.
Just need to get few more editors to get things rolling again.

Users who are viewing this thread