Shijou Saikyou no Mahou Kenshi, F Rank Boukensha ni Tensei Suru

obviously we are all used to the same cut and paste isekai stuff. But at least make the chapters longer so your story actually gets somewhere.

This manga is surreal in how bad it is. At first I thought it was trying to be a comedy, but no, it really is seven chapters of the absolute barest minimum of effort you can put into a manga and still get published. There's no plot or character development, or much character to be developed; I had to check the description to remember the protagonist's name. From what I can see, any and all conflicts come from him overreacting to social situations with gratuitous, poorly-drawn misuse of his powers, followed by him internally wondering if he went too far. He does this internally because the only other recurring character is the cute mascot, which is placed in his pocket and promptly forgotten about. Nothing resembling a complex thought was put into making this. Please do not try reading it.

I like how undriven he is. I like how he looks. I like how he's like "oh, did I go too far?" Buuuut, he's way too "in the middle". I'm starting to lose interest. Also, the chapters are so short, everything looks out of place now even though I shouldn't think that since so little time has passed (in the manga). No momentum at all. A lot of wasted potential there. I'd tell you people to wait it out but there are so much more stuff out there that deserve your time.

Yeh

Lame. Another one of those 'Mc IS ThE mOSt PoWErFul MAn On tHe PlAnET' manga. The only interesting thing in this one is the world, but the world is copied from the other thousands of manga like this so it isn't even unique.

Yea, so far it’s pretty cut and paste from many other stories like this. OP main characters are hard to get right, so I can’t blame it too much, but really nothing is standing out. I mean, how many isekai stories start with an OP slime companion now? I feel like there’s quite a few, with even less ending up that interesting.

It’s just so filled with tropes that even a newcomer can see the cut corners. I guess if it is popular enough I hope it gets better, but with the current chapters this is a hard drop from me.

Another isekai manga with generic shitty plot, i dont like mc personality, the only thing i like is the art

One of the worst ongoing isekais (just like isekai cheat magician, as an example). Dont waste your time

Dex-chan lover
I can't get over how stupid the protagonist's hair looks. Just like Issei.

Fed-Kun's army
Pretty arrogant of them to tell you what to read and not to read. Y'all don't like it? That's cool. You shouldn't be subjected to read something that doesn't interest you. Expressing it is cool too. It's your right. It's NOT your right to act like a control freak and determine what others should read or not. (Rant over)

As for this manga, if you're new to isekai it's not a bad place to start. MC is overpowered from multiple reincarnations and is mellow throughout the series. The plot is not fully established yet, so it's pretty clear this is designed to be a slow burn manga. If that's not your cuppa tea, you may be disappointed.

If you're a veteran of reading isekai, it's gonna be too hard for you not to compare this to other manga because, as one might expect, there are a lot of similarities to other isekai. That's the curse of any hobby: Once you do it a lot, you compare it to other projects and it goes from something novel to a point of criticism and you become jaded as a result. I'd advise to try reading with fresh eyes, but that's easier said than done.

All in all I'm enjoying it so far and look forward to what the real plot will be once revealed. 7/10

Fed-Kun's army
You know, I don't think the author wrote this as a bog-standard self insert isekai. I think it wears the cape and clothes of one but what it actually IS, is bait. Put it this way -
When someone enters a room and does something foolish you could consider them foolish.
When someone enters a room like Kramer and leaves like the three stooges, they're playing the fool.
I suspect this manga is the later. It's foolishness is so consistent and exaggerated it feels like it's playing the fool.

This just went all Chinese web comic on me. That OP MC reincarnation thing. The absurdly short "chapters". I love that bitchslap thing, but there aren't any bitchslaps here. No build up for badly written cannon fodders to be put in place by the MC. Chinese web comics have the right to make short "chapters" because they churn them out in 3's and on a weekly basis. So, no, Japanese author-kun who releases like normal monthly manga, you can't make short chapters like these. Seeing as we can't even read the MC or see what's going on because of the painful pace, I'll put this on hold and wait until there's 100 chapters to binge. If the author wants to adopt a web comic styled writing, at least keep up with the release. If they insist on the monthly thing, at least grind on showing more content.

I was afraid he would be whining about being OP in this life after he was tired of it in his previous ones... I'm glad I was wrong, and he just wants to enjoy his time. And that he's not trying to be lazy, because when he was at the top of the world he could have been lazy so it wouldn't have made much sense. Admittedly though so far this GM doesn't really make much sense to me. Unless he is like of the demon race or something and trying to keep the adventurer's guild weak.

Double-page supporter
The MC got sick of being famous and powerful so he reincarnated twice to get out of it, and then he goes and joins the adventurer guild to build a legend and show off how great and powerful he is. The inconsistency behind his motivations seems a bit shit. Maybe there's something I'm missing here.

To be fair he was tired of being controlled by other people, he views being an adventurer as an easy way to make money considering getting a regular job might be more troublesome, and he'd have a boss. As an adventurer he can pick his work and basically do whatever. And saying he's under control of the guild, so far not really.

Dex-chan lover
I have to drop this. Random, inconsequential stuff happens every chapter. I still dont know anything about the guildmasters or the water girl, everything feels so random

Users who are viewing this thread