Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
That glare would tear u into pieces if this is a yandere universe

Some people here are taking the self insert game too personal lmao. People are different and being weak is acceptable. Just deal with it.

is it jus me that thinks she look like a yandere rather than a cool girlfriend?

@FredFriendly Your pic really fits the things you blurted out it was actually refreshing to read.
Read the title for the intent. translation of original title is literally "Manga about the girl who's not just/only cute".

Just to add to the other comment below, being weak or lacking may not be desirable but its acceptable. in comparison, being a loudmouth with masculinity complex for example is neither desirable nor acceptable.

Group Leader
@Yoruno If they were the only choices, I'd usually rather read a story involving a weak, emasculated MC than one with an overbearing, self-centered jerk of an MC. Just as in real life, falling in love with someone does not involve logic or rational thought, so we usually end up with stories about loser MC that ends up with a beautiful FMC that he would normally only be able to dream about being with, or stories about a popular but tyrannical, narcissist MC with a wallflower, submissive FMC who they get to walk all over. Ugh!

Dex-chan lover
this feels like something that should just stay as a oneshot. the schtick already feels old after a few chapter

@FredFriendly So because it sounds ridiculous it means it means the work shouldn't exist? If you dont like the MC(There's 2 btw), just switch to a different manga. Though i do not think your rational behind present mangas are incorrect, i do think that authors scew it overboard. Wich is you know, what manga is about. Fiction. I think your complains has in general nothing to do with the setting itself and more about you wanting more stories tailored to your taste. Though maybe you should read seinen for your needs of a more grounded setting.

Dex-chan lover
@FredFriendly, Christ, man. There isn't any need to project here. From my perspective, it's just a short, romance comedy that plays with the gender expectations of Japanese teen romances. The fact you think that it's emasculating that he's not acting the typical masculine role of the boyfriend speaks volumes of what your expectations are than anything.

Double-page supporter
Shes enjoying watching him be a pussy........ I guess shes reveling in the dominance.

Double-page supporter
Nah, it’s fine. If you fail as a bf, you can be a cute gf for her that she can protect.

Dex-chan lover
you're failing as a boyfriend because you're scared of a horror movie but the girl should be scared ? That makes it kinda doubly sexist against males and females.

Users who are viewing this thread