Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie - Vol. 4 Ch. 44

Dex-chan lover
Scanlation is free and the more groups doing their best to translate, clean, redraw and tl a manga the better the quality. Competition is always a good thing.

Thanks for doing this and respect for your comments at the end there. Appreciate what you're doing for the community!

Supporter
Me every chapter:

T5dteDp.png

Dex-chan lover
My only problem with this chapter is that that your translation says the name of the other person when it would have more impact and just sound better if it was just 'you' that was used in its place

@Yourself Just wanted to say thanks for posting Stef's official message addressing this "sniping" situation. Personally, I think Stef did a decent job at scanlating; I never felt like his quality was reflective of the other half of his name: "effortless." That being said, at the end of the day, if FireSyndicate is able to produce quality scans more efficiently then I can't complain. I'm glad Stef seemed to understand this as well, and I hope that FireSyndicate respects him for that by continuing to release quality and regularly scheduled chapters of That Girl is Not Just Cute!

All of that stuff aside, thanks for the scanlations, FireSyndicate! This chapter was sooooo good for character development; we're getting to see how these developments are affecting their romantic relationship and I am HERE for that!

The guys that sniped Anjou said almost the same thing, hatigarm dropped it and it's been months since the last chapter was translated 🤔
If you don't do that I won't really care about the snipping (not that I care or that it matters that much)

Dex-chan lover
The volume 3 cover Shikimori-san is giving some serious bedroom eyes

Dex-chan lover
Credits page is correct, sometimes I wonder if younger readers know any of that.

@Ranzo
Accuracy over re-writing every time imo, if it wasn't 'anata' or similar in the original, don't change it. It would change the intent of the original, which is that they're still awkward with each other. Having known younger married japanese couples, they very rarely refer to each other with that level of familiarity even when they're in a foreign country, even when speaking primarily another language.

Dex-chan lover
I had no idea raws were so cheap and easily accessible. Makes me wonder where do all the "donations" ends up. Probably in someone's pocket.

Dex-chan lover
I agree with your message but it’s a little misleading because it doesn’t apply to steffortless at all. He never asked for donations and works alone on his passion projects. While I’m sure you didn’t target him, some commenters might be led astray and start attacking him for no reason.

Dex-chan lover
@fform
And the problem I have with that is we just don't do that in English. Someone's name is never used as a 2nd-person pronoun. It sounds very ESL. If someone spoke to me that way in real life I'd think "ah, this person still doesn't quite get my language".

Users who are viewing this thread