Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie - Vol. 4 Ch. 44

regarding scanlations, most don't cares who translates then. they just want them to translate quickly.
they are getting it for free, so they don't deserve to criticize anyone for anything. if they can't stand one thing, they should Leave.

personally I think whoever visits this is a broke University student, or the series has no official translation. so don't disrespect any scanlation grp.
if you visit this site despite earning reasonable amount of money and prefer to buy merch rather than buy official manga, idk what to say more

Sickly Senpai
Staff
Super Moderator
"And here we see the male acknowledging the female. Having firmly established their pair bond, the female will no doubt rub her scent over him to discourage rival females."

Dex-chan lover
WHY THEY DID'NT KISS EACH OTHER??!!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!

AJSDHAL KDASKDJA;SLDAL DJ

on the other hand, no idea that the raws were quite cheap.

@StaticTransit
I do know that some scanlator groups like Let it go scanlation do keep their own sites and readers running for the sole purpose of back ups, but the validity of it and the reasoning behind keeping them running is a different topic.

That actually blows my mind a bit! I thought they only released a chapter every time light novel bastion reached $200 in donations for that series because of the timing of them hitting $200 and them releasing a chapter. Correlation does not equal causation 😅 And I do agree that death mage’s chapters can be pretty beefy, but I think the difficulty between light novel translations and manga scanlation is pretty much equal, in the sense that each one requires a similar amount of work. A novel translating group has to translate, then proofread, then clean each chapter, followed by doing some typesetting and occasionally redrawing bits of a manga. All of which are pretty tough jobs. A novel translator has to translate way more words and sometimes figure out how to translate confusing sentences, as well as proofread their work. I personally don’t think one job is harder than the other, they’re both incredibly tough and taxing.

@NthML That whole Anjou case is sad. It was being translated at a good pace until that other group butted in an attempt to take the high road. When people called them out on their bs they pretended to be doing it for the laughs and that they were just trolling. Now it's a series that hardly gets updated anymore. I hope that it doesn't happen with this manga too.

@fform There are other, more idiomatic ways of communicating their awkwardness in English. In this series there is a narrative reason for him to use "Shikimori san" and it makes sense in that way, but the constant repetition is pointless and jarring. I'm a translator myself, and I'd probably replace around two thirds of "Shikimori sans" with "you" or some other way. Japanese and English are so different that directly translating into either direction only leads to a ridiculous mess, you have to re-work the lines to make them seem like something a character fluent in their spoken language might say.

I feel like I already had a shit-slinging competition about this exact same issue in an earlier chapter.

Honestly IDC who scanlates what as long as it's coming out. Tired of waiting months for a group to pick up/continue a series I'm enjoying while the content keeps publishing.

Aggregator gang
I'm surprised that people *don't* know about these things. There are a couple reasons why a group might fundraise back in the day:
if they are buying tankobon, actual volumes which tend to have edits/improvements to the magazine editions and need to be cut up to get good scans of; or if you are running your own website with direct downloads of .zip files you have to pay for server costs.
But nowadays you can get digital scans at great quality and just host them here on mangadex for free. If anybody wants to make money scanlating they should get a job with a real publisher. And if you want to spend money on manga, but have a hard time getting copies in your language, buy a ebook of the Japanese raws from Japanese Amazon, there are loads of legal options out there.

reu

Dex-chan lover
The way I see it theres nothing wrong with trying to monetise your hobby and if theres no one doing what you're doing or doing it and no doing it well then theres even less.
If someone is gratefull enough or stupid enough to pay for what you're doing then that's on them, not you
Though if a 3rd party came along and started doing it faster, better or cheaper then you have no right to complain - if anything that what's wrong with tlrs

Double-page supporter
scanlation groups can beg for donations if they want but it's pretty obvious that the money's going straight into their pockets
i thought everyone knew this already

MD@Home
Aw, Shikimori-san crying was quite cute... also it's weird seeing Izumi-san so confident XD?! Idk, feels like seeing another side of the character but also character growth? Not sure how I honestly feel about that yet <.<

Also, the credits page talking about Scanlation really opened my eyes on things related to translation and scan group, thank you for the information and thank you for the hard work you provide for us 😫

Aggregator gang
This was very cute again. Especially when Shikimori let down her hair like her "rival".

Dex-chan lover
Is it just me that thinks Neko and Hachi look like Bob and Isabella from animal crossing?

Izumi starting to turn the tables huh, his misfortune doesn't seem at streak for now. It's both reassuring and worrying.

Dex-chan lover
A really lovely a follow up from last chapter. We saw Shikimori trust Izumi wholeheartedly. But that is still within her mind only. So adding Izumi reassuring her here is really putting a great cherry on top.
images

God, my sugar level keeps increasing. Help

Users who are viewing this thread