Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie - Vol. 6 Ch. 57

Dex-chan lover
Shikimori being called "Mii-chan" by Izumi's mother makes me wonder if we've ever had her and Izumi's given names revealed.

Izumi's parents call him Yuu... possibly a short form of Yuuki.
Shikimori's friends generally call her Micchon which may be a nickname for Mikuru, although I can't recall her true name actually being shown.

Dex-chan lover
Micchon was overthinking everything and just wanted to go for them lips

You thirsty girl...

I hope we get some development in the next episodes

Group Leader
@EminentLine
Ok then. I think you're wrong, and those were good character development chapters. You're gonna be hard-pressed to find a romance manga that only follows the couple's antics. Seems to me like this manga isn't really for you anymore. May I suggest you find something else? Have you tried Futari Ashitamo Sorenarini? It's a bit short, but I've been enjoying that one.

I am not denying that those were good character development chapters, but they were focused on a character I couldn't care less about. I'd woulda much rather the author devote those chapters to the character development of the main characters. And I don't deny that most series have supurfulous side characters to whom too much time and character development is wasted. And, annoyingly, there are some romance series where the main characters romance evolves about as fast as molasses flowing down an iceberg when their friends become lovers almost instantly.

If one more chapter had been focused on Hachimitsu I would have seriously considered dropping the series. Fortunately, the author was smart enough to refocus on the main characters and will hopefully continue to do so. As for Futari Ashitamo Sorenarini, it's one of the 1000+ series in my MDLIST that I have read or am currently reading.

Dex-chan lover
@FredFriendly
Development or focus on a character you happen to not like (or not be a fan of, whatever semantics you want to use) does not mean the author is 'not smart' or 'making a mistake'. For a lot of people, the ensemble cast is just as valuable, if not moreso, than the (generally) two main leads.

Before you decide to label the author as 'making a mistake', maybe consider that a lot of these comments indicate that people do, in fact, enjoy development of this character.

also, kind of weird to throw in a comment about how many titles are in your mdlist (which i completely forgot was a thing). I just checked and apparently i have 435, but I know i've taken a bunch off for whatever reason over time. I'm sure you're just using it to demonstrate that you've read many series so you have a wide reference range, but it's still weird.

for someone who seems very sensitive to being judged, you're being pretty judgmental.

e: maybe try out Horimiya. it's a manga that starts out with a very shoujo setup, but the author seems to forget about it pretty fast as the leads pair up early on, and it turns into a regular SOL ensemble manga. surprisingly fun, but i tried to start it 3 times before actually getting into it

Group Leader
@nobaka When did I state that the author was making a mistake? Authors can write whatever they want but that doesn't mean I am required to like a particular character, chapter or arc. I would also have to have an I.Q. in single digits not to realize that some people enjoy reading about the "ensemble cast." Just look at all the hate I'm getting because I'm not head-over-heels about a particular member of this "ensemble cast." As for Horimiya, it's not on my MDLIST because I dropped that series round about chapter 46. Why? I didn't like the direction the story was headed I think, but I don't specifically remember because that was six years ago.

Dex-chan lover
@FredFriendly
Fortunately, the author was smart enough to refocus on the main characters and will hopefully continue to do so.
She was a useless side character used as filler material to extend the franchise. Whoopie-doo. I didn't come here to read about some dreary, dopey side character
etc. there's more in other chapters, but i'm not that invested.

also it's not that you're getting 'hate' because you don't like the character. you're getting the 'hate' because you feel some strange urge to frame everything as a negative. why don't you just talk about the shit you like instead of negative criticism? It's not like the author will read it, so the only audience for your comments is other readers.

it's a pretty unpleasant attitude, and it brings the general mood down. unless that's your goal, maybe consider why you post that way. inb4 i shouldn't have to consider other people when i post/my opinions are just as valid/etc

i'm not saying you have to conform, just don't be obnoxious and condescending about it. i'm sure you can find a way to express yourself feelings about a character/arc without implicitly maligning everyone who does.

Group Leader
@nobaka
why don't you just talk about the shit you like instead of negative criticism?

Typical. If the majority (or a specific individual) seems to like something, don't say anything negative or you'll get shit on. If the majority (or a specific individual) seems to dislike something, don't say anything positive or you'll get shit on.

Dex-chan lover
@FredFriendly
so, no response to all the things that would avoid you getting shit on for being a shitter, huh? well, i mean, this is how pretty much all your comments i've seen for any series are, so i gave it a shot

and the 'oh woe is me, individuality is persecuted' is a pretty old and tired defense. also not a very good one

Dex-chan lover
His mother was just "don't do it right now, wait until he is better". 😆

Users who are viewing this thread