Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie - Vol. 7 Ch. 73

Double-page supporter
I have no idea who this temporary protagonist was, but I still welcome the change of pace.

Best chapter so far imo. Loved it. Thanks for the translation.
Also, be like the guy with round hair, don't go after highschoolers and don't let your friends do it either. That's important.

She's definitely gay, and sadly it wont go well for her.
Best chapter in the whole series by far.

@edelgard Reminder: she was/is in love with Izumi, so I highly doubt it

There was nothing "gay" about this or the previous chapter. She's just finally truly happy to have people she can have fun with, and it's basically all thanks to Shikimori, that's (also) why she admires her so much, not because she fell for her or anything(at least I don't think so).

that's nice, sweet chapter but can we now have more Izumi x Shikimori wholesome moments

Dex-chan lover
How people in anime spend Christmas: "Wow friends sure are great, let's go do karaoke and all this shit, and make bonds that will last a life time."

How I spend Christmas: [Eats ceral in the corner alone whilst weeping softly.]

Dex-chan lover
@your2Dwaifu yup
@MrMcNasty She was the girl who was in love with Izumi but gave up after seeing him being deeply in love with Shikimori.
@edelgard Was in love with a guy so no. And these chapters were about her finding friends since aside from Izumi, everyone put her on a pedestal and she had none before. Even if something romantic comes from this, that would make her Bisexual not a lesbian.

Supporter
We are missing our clumsy endangered species here... Why aren't they together btw? One would think they will... Not like I'm complaining...

Dex-chan lover
...You see, what 9 out of 10 other mangakas would've done with a romcom/SoL series like this would've been to mess around with love triangle bullshit with the introduction of this new girl. It's so refreshing to see someone not do that in this case and to still keep around the character. And, instead of it being a negative, actually contributing to the story. The girl has... issues... Not like serious problems, but she does have some (loneliness, anxiety, perhaps slight depression). And instead of trying to force a love triangle with someone that's already in a relationship, she reasonably relented but they still became friends and doing so still lets the other characters shine while including a new character.

To think of how many other series would have had some love triangle conflict bullshit for an entire fucking volume whereas I think even the potential suggestion of that was squashed in 1-2 chapters and the issue was resolved and she was still used to further the story. A mangaka that actually knows how to write a story. It's like seeing a unicorn anymore.

Dex-chan lover
I love this one i hope mangaka will make a new male lead for this girl

Double-page supporter
@Darklight99
I appreciate that you're trying to help, but I unconsciously block out any character that could be in love with someone as pitiful as Izumi. Except for Shikimori of course, she's too goddamn precious to ignore.

Have you seen the crying out loud guy at page 11? Yeah that was me T.T

Double-page supporter
awww wholesome <3

lol i love how she started off liking izumi but shikimori is just too cool i think she's completely switched targets now xD

Dex-chan lover
legit not sure what's happening in the upper left panel. if hachimitsu was behind nekozaki it'd make sense, but her head seems to be going straight through her body.
a076db4867edc4156281694b009a09bf4d230dcc874967e431479524bd7032ba.jpg

truly everyone's favorite non-euclidean solid, hachimitsu

or i'm blind and she's just standing in front of her, lol

Double-page supporter
@Darklight99
He was pretty pitiful until he met Shikimori. And now that they're dating, they both seem to have a bit of dependency issues.

Users who are viewing this thread