The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Double-page supporter
I'm quite confused... in the past he has 1st mark which he said is not good for magic, then he reincarnated and got 4th mark, which according to him is more suited for magic, but then when he use teleportation magic, he need to use 10 times more magic with 4th mark, compared to 1st mark...??? if 4th mark is more suited for magic, why did it need more magic??? isn't that quite the opposite? he also said that 4th mark range of magic is short, so a mage is someone who fight in the front line or what? either the mc is a fucking idiot or the author is really bad at logical thinking...

@humbleoverlord
I think the logic is that the 1st mark is better for supporting work while the 4th is better for frontliner. He wants to be a frontliner, therefore he wants the 4th crest.
Alternatively, He wants to be more suited for the things that he does all the time (violence) rather than be more suited for the things he only does sometimes (support).

I'm thinking the cause of the confusion may be a simple translation error, but I dunno. Like if they meant 10 times "more *than* now" it would all make sense. I came upon that thought process upon reading the subsequent panel, but like I said, I dunno for sure.

Double-page supporter
This is such a weird world building, he's already 6 years old but he can't read and knows nothing of the world? Did he never watched his father and brothers fighting? The family can see one of the brothers bullying the other, they know the reason but no one ever told him that they consider the 4th mark the weakest? How come with 6 years worth of observation he hasn't figured out anything?

It doesn't look like he took over the body of the real Matthias, so what the heck did he do for 6 years?

Fed-Kun's army
Classic example of a not-that-bad-but-not-great-either LN translated horribly into something worse in the manga form 😗

Dex-chan lover
His current mark is "the body enhancement type," so the teleport costing more now wouldn't be too weird. That line could easily have been translated wrong too, though. Maybe we'll figure it out over time with more context, if the translation doesn't improve enough first. If all else fails, we can shake a magic 8 ball for the answer.

How dare they kill those cute little fluff balls. They aren't the monsters, the humans are! 😠

Come on, that wasn't a sword fight he used magic.... He had already determined magic was underdeveloped (apparently) and he was in a sword fight...

Aggregator gang
Really amazing concept and world but pretty awful execution. The concept alone holds this story up though which is quite a feat.

Users who are viewing this thread