Shikkaku Mon no Saikyou Kenja - Sekai Saikyou no Kenja ga Sara ni Tsuyoku naru Tame ni Tensei Shimashita - Vol. 4 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
@AbyssalMonkey It's not like the village was destroyed just yesterday. even the king himself said "There is a deserted town, which was destroyed by demons in the past". The past could mean years if not decades, but the king would hardly remember something that happened a decade ago, so i'd say it happened a few years ago at most.
And you should remember that this is fiction. Reality has very little impact on it. Have you ever read any fantasy novel or manga where armies are sent to fight in a battle that will 100% result in their death, and the soldiers know it? I have multiple times and never have I seen any of those soldiers rebel against their commands( unless the MC is leading them). This is hardly realistic. Soldiers aren't marionettes that lords or kings can just control. Sure there are deterrents to rebellion and mutiny like the Decimation in Roman armies, but given enough pressure, like the fear for their lives, people would rebel if they are dissatisfied unless their patriotic spirit is to the point that they are willing to sacrifice their lives for their country, something which most conscripted soldiers are unwilling to do.
I went a bit off topic with the armies and rebellion, but the main point is that this is fiction and that the resource base of the kingdom has little to no impact on the story.
Considering the state of the kingdoms armies, where they can't even defeat two demons that the MC, in his still weakened state, defeated easily, I also find it hard to believe that the kingdom is more than 50% wider than Rome. But that's fiction for you.

Double-page supporter
@AbyssalMonkey you need to check your history dude, your maths is wayy the F off. the roman empire was at it's peak 5 million square KM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Empire

Aggregator gang
Am I the only one who ThinkPad he os overreacting to demons ? If the demons really wanted to destroy humans they could have done it a long time ago when there was no one with strong magic.

Dex-chan lover
@AbyssalMonkey - the way I see it, the more demons spread their influence, the worse transportation gets. So when that town was inhabited, it was on a reasonable distance from the capital. Now it's a distant wilderness that only belongs to the kingdom nominally, because nobody wanted to fight for a town that's infested with demons.

Dex-chan lover
@shakur a little. for this chapter, i'm mainly a little disturbed that the mc burned a guy to death, then slashed another to death, but the story hasn't really done a thorough job of portraying the current demons as bad guys. only things i can r emember so far is that the demons have a terrible sense of fashion 🤣 and that they're being sneaky.

the past demons, all we know is they were at war with humans, and humans performed genocide on them. how do we know that humans aren't the bad guys? and that was hundreds, or thousands, of years ago. i'm going to assume the WN explained it better, and that the manga left out details because they don't have enough room or time.

Dex-chan lover
Didn't this story start by the MC finally managing to defeat a dragon that had destroyed whole kingdoms (those kingdoms obviously being like the heaven compared to the lousy degenerate kingdoms in that current world)? Is he now going to subdue a dragon despite only possessing a fraction of his previous power? I would understand it some years later when he has caught up and surpassed his previous level. If that's really what's going to happen, it'll be an even bigger asspull than the previous chapter, where he defeated the stronger demon by pulling one technique after another from his anus.

Users who are viewing this thread