Shima Shima - Vol. 12 Ch. 107 - The end

Contributor
I honestly could not tell who Shio is dating right now.
Although that might have more to do with me dropping this at ~ch. 40 and neglecting to follow it since.

jak

Contributor
Eh, I liked the jdrama ending better. She gets together with Gai.

Dex-chan lover
Ending is kinda weak imo, but I guess all characters had their respective development so its fine. Feels ambigious.

Double-page supporter
She's dating the harasser guy who helped her expand her business... Are you for FUCKING REAL?!

Dex-chan lover
I almost wish I could have read the last chapter before wasting my time with this...

Group Leader
Thanks for doing the series until the end!!

I'm glad Shio became confident and able to be on her own. I'm not a big fan of who she is dating right now, but I like that she is not focusing on men, but on herself now.

Group Leader
All hopes shattered. What was this abomination!? It's not like I wanted to rage about the ending, but giving an Shokugeki no Souma end would've been better than this.
I wish I knew about this end and hadn't devoted my emotions to this.

P.S. I get why the story is like this now. The author was heavily drinking.

Thank you for the translations though. Always appreciate some great work.

huh, lil twist with the dude at the end, thanks for spoiler, cuz i wasnt gonna go back and fiure it out lol.

for americans, its basically like "how stella got her groove back"

good work, nice dialogue at the end to explain teh idea behind the manga. had its hiccups here and there but overall, solid manga.
as always onwards to the next one. Thank you for the translations! Great work, be proud!

What!!! Omg cannot believe it ended so soon and what a weird ending as well.

Group Leader
oh... I wasn't expecting him to be the one. I am a little disappointed that she didn't choose either of the boys. But oh well, Shio's taste doesn't have to match mine :)
More than anything else, I'm glad that she became comfortable with being on her own.

Thank you for the journey, dayment!

Contributor
@ElBichoRaro
I don't even know if I read that part or just skipped over it, but if true:
x10.png

Glad Shio didn't choose Gai or Ran, both seems a tad too immature and would defeat the growth of her being able to sleep alone now. She has moved on from Sheep. I wouldn't have minded if the story ended with her dating no one.

Double-page supporter
@Mrfishy That's actually how I was hoping it would end, and we allllllmost got that. But basically what this series showcases is that, from her ex-husband all the way through to her current boyfriend, Shio consistently has crap taste in men.

Thank you dayment for finishing this project! I enjoyed the character growth and I thought the plot was unique. I was also disappointed in the ending
and wished Shio had either stayed single or chosen someone better!

Ugh if Shio really ended up with THAT one guy... Then again, considering her ex was such a piece of work... (and considering how the author depicted she and Ran having sex... *shivers* maybe it was for the better...jfc, she really has a shitty taste in men, even if the "how they got together" was left in a very ambiguous note.

I do agree that Shio would have been better alone at the end. I think that's probably a more powerful message than tha ambiguous note we are left in the end.

But, hey, at least I could say she and the Stripped Sheep guys moved on on their own ways (and almost everyone got their straight development quite well)... The plot is quite unique and interesting... and I suppose "drama for the drama" is okay to work with... but I wouldn't have used all that wishy-washy love triangle situation, since it dragged the series a LOT, and it was very unbearable to go through...

(Gai surely gave me a familiar air in his design, so I am somehow glad he was based on Teppei Koike's looks, lol)

Dex-chan lover
I'm just going to imagine that one frame never happened, or it was actually some guy who never ever appeared in the manga.

Users who are viewing this thread