Shimanami Tasogare - Vol. 4 Ch. 23

ah what a lovely ending! A bit abrupt, but I truly enjoyed to see such a calm story.

An open, ambiguous, sweet ending just perfect for this story. Thanks so much for translating! <3

Dex-chan lover
Tchaiko's and Seichirou's final moments together were so beautiful aughhh. ;-; I wasn't expecting the quiet old man to steal the show. Thank you for translating this manga.

Dex-chan lover
ah i cried again, 3rd reread
that hospital scene gets me everytime
beautiful manga

I held back on reading this, and I realize I never should. Amazing story, with real characters. It's also the first time I've genuinely cried at a manga, so +points for that.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh <3
Man, this made my day. Like, I really enjoyed al the characters, loved how they fleshed out the community and characters still having their own identities, and despite a bit of heartache, everyone grew in the end. Simply fantastic!

I read this and forgot that i have a deadline to submit.
This read's THAT good

Definitely got my heart worked up a bit, but coming here after reading I Have Something To Tell You probably kept me from crying.

While I wish Misora's character development felt more solid at the end, this wrapped up really well in just 23 chapters. Something about manga that are able to tell a story with a bit more brevity than the usual double-digit volume releases is always nice to me. Definitely one I'm recommending to some friends.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I also like how they portray Anonymous' near-supernatural behavior in the manga. It felt like a really fun, visual way of describing her "I live for who I am regardless of what others think," as it sounds like her main struggle was regarding her personal desires not lining up with more "expected" lifestyles, as they were simply things beyond simply living as anyone else may. And as a result, her resolution was to simply live as she felt she wanted to and do the things she wanted beyond the scope of the standard, expected life of most other people. Hence, her near-supernatural tendencies not making sense from our initial point of view.

This is easily one of my favorite manga. It's rare for me to see a manga with a lot of lgbt+ rep. The storytelling is done nicely. Everything is just perfect. Thank you for translating this hidden gem.

Double-page supporter
so so good, the wedding and the death juxtaposed together was honestly incredible and broke me to pieces

i don't think the ending felt sudden though, like it seems many of y'all do. it ends feeling very open, which reflects tasuku's state by the end--he's finally at this point, after a year of terror and stumbling in the dark, where he can finally just breathe and be. there will be pleasure and pain in the future, but he's ready for it all. he's not where he was at the start when he was about to kill himself.
and i think that's a great place for a coming-of-age story to end--we have this intense climax, and the point after it, the exhale, but a happy one, leaves tasuku ready for the next breathe, whatever it brings, and it's that feeling the author wanted us to carry from the manga.

Sometimes ending may come too soon for you, but it may be forever for someone like Tchaiko-san who could do nothing but just wait for his partner to pass away. Anyway, this is indeed a masterpiece. Thanks for the author and translator.

that scene with tchaiko's lover "rising" from his bed is so bittersweet and gets me everytime

This was amazing. One of the best things i’ve ever read and just overall beautiful. It took me through the highs and lows along with the characters... and i truly understood them, or at the very least, understood them a little bit more

Dex-chan lover
finally got around to reading this. I felt like this could have gone on for another volume though. the ending felt abrupt and complete at the same time? The girls got the most closure with their wedding, and it was obvious the partner was going to die in the hospital, but other aspects of the story felt unresolved. This manga has been licensed, but the official licensed volume 4 is still only 23 chapters. No extra chapters. :/

Maybe because I read so much other BL manga, I expected that Tsubaki and Tasuku would end up together? It's more realistic I guess that someone like Tsubaki would need more time to come to terms with his own sexuality before committing to a romantic relationship, but for the sake of the manga, I wish things weren't left so open ended between them. I guess I also wanted to see them be happy together romantically, but oh well.

And while I though Anonymous's character was interesting and it was nice to see some asexual rep in a manga, the way she was constantly portrayed as this almost supernatural being was kinda odd? I identify as asexual, but we aren't these mythical mysterious creatures lmao.
And while I though Anonymous's character was interesting and it was nice to see some asexual rep in a manga, the way she was constantly portrayed as this almost supernatural being was kinda odd? I identify as asexual, but we aren't these mythical mysterious creatures lmao.

That's the idea my friend, she isn't some odd mysterious supernatural being because she's asexual, she's mysterious and asexual.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, that was a phenomenal read. It's not often that you can find media about the LGBTQ+ community, and even less so that it's written in a realistic and not idealized way. It doesn't pull any punches, it tells it like it is, struggles and all, and I genuinely appreciate it for that. An easy 10/10, especially with how the art conveys the story as a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread