Shimanami Tasogare

SUCH A BEAUTIFUL AMAZING STORY I CANNOT. This manga really opened up my perspective. I've always been supportive of the LGBTQIA+ community and never really THOUGHT about what'd it be like in their shoes, finding their identities and coming out. I see so many videos online about people coming out that I never thought it would be "that hard". However seeing the MC throughout the story really hit me in different ways that led me to think "I've been so ignorant all along." My all-time favorite manga. NO cap. <3

Dex-chan lover
I think that this was an amazing story. Something that actually made me feel good.
Seeing all different kinds of struggles, not only just about homosexuality but also being a transgender, asexuality, crossdressing, homosexual marriage, coming out and even how your sexuality doesn't define you, as a person.
And don't forget about love at all ages.
Even though the crossdresser needed a bit more in my opinion, this is an overall satisfying ending.

And obviously, Anonymous. A mysterious character that has the aura of a fairy. She doesn't feel real... And is probably my favourite character.

In the end, it's a must read if you want a serious and (kind of) realistic view on the matter. Really can open some eyes and even make you shed a tear.

I don't say that often but... 10.

Aggregator gang
God, this manga is so incredibly good. I wish I had these kinds of role models when I was a queer kid, or failing that at least this manga. Things would have gone a lot better.

Yeah, I really like this manga. A gay guy myself, I think it really helped highlight what I kinda already know but didn't have a name for: That coming out isn't really about having others accept you persay (though its definently a big part), but more so about accepting yourself.

So so heartwarming. I just can’t it’s so good everyone’s gotta at least read the first book
last book when the two girlfriends get married
Left me SOBBING. It’s so refreshing and really hits home. Had the pleasure of reading the physical copy, will definitely read (the digital version) again. 11/10

OMG it just ends halfway through, I was getting so invested in it. Really good manga about coming out and couldn't recommend it enough. Had me smiling ear to ear and sobbing uncontrollably at parts.

emotional rollercoaster, this one. i love it to DEATH and i will be back again to reread it.

aahh i love this so much ! honestly, this would have been so helpful if i had read this when i was younger 🥺

Absolutely amazing. 10/10. Loved all the characters and related quite a bit.

I couldnt believe it when I saw that anonymous was a ghost/spirit (that's how I saw it, idk if its something else) but i realised how obvious it was. I'm guessing she killed herself as she met Ilya and was a spirit immediately and hates how they met

One of my favourite mangas of all time and also one of the first truly LGBT manga I’d ever read that realistically depicted the feelings a lot of LGBT people feel especially in the perspective of someone whose just getting to know their identity. I can’t stop rereading it because I’ve never seen so many wonderfully written lgbt characters with such a diverse cast. However I did feel like the ending seemed a little rushed as if the creator was asked to wrap it up very quickly. It just felt like there was more to talk about with the characters but overall such a fulfilling read.

@RobinSmith I think that's too literal an interpretation of the scenes where she flying/walking on air or whatever. I think it's supposed to represent how ephemeral and hard to pin down she is. I don't think you're supposed to interpret it as literal. Like the scene where the MC is depicted as broken glass, it's representing something not literal : )

Group Leader
Loved this story. Cried about 3 times throughout the whole thing T^T,,, the art was so touching and really lifted the storytelling into the clouds. I definitely recommend. 10/10

Users who are viewing this thread