Shimeji Simulation - Vol. 2 Ch. 16 - Buried Treasure

Dex-chan lover
Banana banana banana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta pie 🎵

KZO

Dex-chan lover
Someone has been playing a lot of animal crossing.

Dex-chan lover
I think this was the first time shimeji called majime -chan so casually and on her own volition. Fluff.

I love this manga sooo freaking much!! The subtle philosophy overtones. The freaking dinosaur wearing glasses. Its awesome

Ya know, there prolly some really deep and well thought philosophical point that this series is making about absurdity of our existence and meaning in elements that seems meaningless...

But damned if know what that point is.

Anyway, fun chapter. Dinosaur in glasses. Good stuff.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this is really deep but hell if I know what this deep thing is
basically what everyone else said before me

Dex-chan lover
Seriously my reaction after reading this chapter was "..." completely blank, can I say that no reaction was my reaction? I even saw it when it was uploaded but decided to write something now because I wanted to read comments from others first... but it didn't help xP, for me is just like "ok they were diggin'"

Dex-chan lover
The older sister, who
wrestles with the simulation,
recognizes that the location of buried items reflects
the disorder of the simulation.

Dex-chan lover
@Halo

Yep, that song is this freaking chapter. It's a fantastic piece, but there's probably some interesting message that's getting lost in the readers mind.

Double-page supporter
So, the hole digging club has always been an absurd tendency to waste effort on meaningless tasks right? This month it's framed with Sumida Senpai doing the teachers work so she can devote more time to hole digging (a representation of people's willingness to ignore what must be done in order to continue their pointless endeavors), The teacher's use of it as an escape (a bit more straight forward), and the tendency to refuse to validate what you're doing through finding a productive use of your pointless endeavors is exhibited through their distinction from the archaeology club. Perhaps in the fruit song, it's more important that they're fruits, than what fruits specifically, in which case it's a joke about music with illogical lyrics about sweet things? A joke maybe about love songs? Looking at fruits specifically, Apples can mean beauty or peace in Chinese, but also sin and sensual love in Hebrew and Greek stories. Banana... it's a banana... I'll assume the same jokes apply in Japan. Kiwi I have no earthly clue how to interpret, but Avocados were originally a symbol of love. So maybe there's some story about beauty and love hidden in those fruits? Maybe a glasses wearing Mosasaurus is commentary on the current political climate. I doubt it, but symbolism is really hard, so just about anything could be interpreted from this. All I know is dogs usually represent loyalty. I'd guess dinosaurs are "the past" and Haniwas were buried with people when they died. Maybe, just maybe, the excavations are a metaphor for how often times we continue to do useless things for the sake of loyalty toward traditions which have roots in things which have died. That's a stretch though.

Users who are viewing this thread