Shimeji Simulation - Vol. 5 Ch. 49 - 🍄 🍳

Dex-chan lover
Aawww maaaan
Very glad we've got a good-ish ending after this truly amazing mess!
I can't wait for the author's next work.
Thanks a whole lot for the translating this!

Dex-chan lover
The more abstract it became the more it lost me.
Conceptually, exploring the ruined simulation is fun, but the actual story is far too navelgazy and meandering to make me care about it or the characters. Doesn't help that it was pretty bland visually.
SSR and Shimeji's first half were better.

b58

Double-page supporter
I would be reasonably happy with the ending even if they just didn't end up fucking dead or dissolved into the universe or whatever, so this is way more than I was expecting :p

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Were there any hints as to where or why the simulation was being hosted? I know some people were guessing the simulation was in the world of Girl's Last Tour, but nothing concrete.

Chapter 44 explicitly says that the true nature of the world they live in is unknowable. It almost feels like a direct response to people trying to come up with grand theories. Yomikawa tells a story that ties together Girls’ Last Tour with a literal computer simulation being their current world, only to conclude that it and all other origin myths for their world are “just fairytales”.

Dex-chan lover
This was a wonderful ending. It feels really full of hope, in stark contrast to the girls last tour ending.

Plus, the 'girls last tour' girls actually proved that there was precedent for this kind of thing. They were fine with each other because they were so used to each other. I think that's part of it. If you can define someone else, and someone else can define you, you both remain stable. But you have to have a deep connection or the definitions aren't true, and you both start to become altered.

Dex-chan lover
Such a great read, with a rare happy and satisfying ending to boot. I'll really miss this series. Huge thanks to the translation team, and to Tsukumizu for this wonderful manga.

I think most people expected at most a bittersweet ending, not a somewhat happy one like we got here. Unexpected, but awesome!

Last edited:
Thank you kindly for the chapter and please accept my gratitude for your hard work on the series.

Double-page supporter
Honestly I’m not sure if I understand much of anything past when the sister’s clone started acting odd, but at least they got to meet up again?

I keep thinking of Shimeji Simulation as a new series, but I've actually been reading it for close to five years. And now it's over. Time is a frightening thing.
Shut up, I don't want to remember that!

On another note, what happened with the 'prologue'? The girl who was Shimeji's GF, <redacted> her in the classroom and then killed herself at night? I think she had something to do with Shimeji's Shimejis but it seems it doesn't matter anymore? (Maybe TKMZ was horny and forgot?)

Dex-chan lover
Shut up, I don't want to remember that!

On another note, what happened with the 'prologue'? The girl who was Shimeji's GF, <redacted> her in the classroom and then killed herself at night? I think she had something to do with Shimeji's Shimejis but it seems it doesn't matter anymore? (Maybe TKMZ was horny and forgot?)
That was the sister's girlfriend. I think her death is what started her on the whole strange inventions path.

Users who are viewing this thread