Shin Elf-san wa Yaserarenai - Digital Colored Comics - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - Ancient Threats (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
@doctagon Please don't replace the black and white versions. Adding colored versions as well is fine, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who prefers black & white over colored. To be honest, I find colored manga absolutely terrible and it ruins the reading experience for me. A lot of my friends who are also into manga also strongly dislike colored.

So please, simply add the colored chapters as alternative versions instead of replacing the B&W ones. Would be great if you could do the same for chapter 1-12.

Contributor
as much as that would be a good idea, that would require getting the volume 1 scans and scanlating those... its a little too much effort for me. plus i just wanted to sate the fat elf drought we were experiencing. I'll replace these pages with the colour versions next week when the colour volume is released.
Wasn't asking you to scan everything from scratch - but just keep the monochrome ones. I'll make the new entry and if you could upload them there, instead of removing them completely, that'd be awesome.

Also sounds like I should go pick up a volume to see everything up till now in glorious monochrome

Edit → Added the monochrome entry (https://mangadex.org/title/ff5e9e64-d063-4a1c-89f1-2117af0e9a9f/shin-elf-san-wa-yaserarenai)

Last edited:
Chubby, shut-in, elf-tuber, let's go!

Now, with that aside, Kodai needs a friend. I hope the group warms up to her and vice verse.

Dex-chan lover
Wasn't asking you to scan everything from scratch - but just keep the monochrome ones. I'll make the new entry and if you could upload them there, instead of removing them completely, that'd be awesome.

Also sounds like I should go pick up a volume to see everything up till now in glorious monochrome

Edit → Added the monochrome entry (https://mangadex.org/title/ff5e9e64-d063-4a1c-89f1-2117af0e9a9f/shin-elf-san-wa-yaserarenai)
@doctagon Please don't replace the black and white versions. Adding colored versions as well is fine, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who prefers black & white over colored. To be honest, I find colored manga absolutely terrible and it ruins the reading experience for me. A lot of my friends who are also into manga also strongly dislike colored.

So please, simply add the colored chapters as alternative versions instead of replacing the B&W ones. Would be great if you could do the same for chapter 1-12.
for what it's worth, there are no black and white translated versions of chapters 1-12, since line manga chapter releases for shin elf were in colour. I can upload the existing black and white chapters, but it's going to look a little bad starting from chapter 13 and 14 then working backwards. if I do go ahead with this it will be pretty low on my list of priorities to be completely honest.

Dex-chan lover
And now we have a hikkikimori vtuber dark elf.
Let us wait and see how she grows as a character

Dex-chan lover
for what it's worth, there are no black and white translated versions of chapters 1-12, since line manga chapter releases for shin elf were in colour. I can upload the existing black and white chapters, but it's going to look a little bad starting from chapter 13 and 14 then working backwards. if I do go ahead with this it will be pretty low on my list of priorities to be completely honest.
Can't be helped I guess. Would just be nice if you release both versions when possible.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think anyone's asking you to put in more work rescanlating and redrawing the previous chapters, that guy (and me) just want you to reupload the monochrome chapters you do scanlate separately so we don't lose them if the colored chapter eventually comes out and replaces the b&w release.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think anyone's asking you to put in more work rescanlating and redrawing the previous chapters, that guy (and me) just want you to reupload the monochrome chapters you do scanlate separately so we don't lose them if the colored chapter eventually comes out and replaces the b&w release.
ok, fair enough. its also very possible we won't get any line manga chapters based off of past experience so we would be using the black and white volume releases anyway, so i might as well do both. what i said before about going back and doing the previous chapters in b&w being low priority still applies though, just being up front.
also i didn't realise that i left the totalbiscuit lul emote in. it wasnt meant to be there i do apologise tbheads but its gotta go.

Dex-chan lover
Oh god damn it, do none of these fantasy people have self-restraint?
Granted, i don't really have the moral high ground here either

Dex-chan lover
what i said before about going back and doing the previous chapters in b&w being low priority still applies though, just being up front.
I'm honestly surprised you're even thinking about actually doing it.

Dex-chan lover
I'm honestly surprised you're even thinking about actually doing it.
they have somewhat of a point regarding completely replacing the b/w version with colour, even though the colour version is really nice. I should have chapter 13 and 14 in colour out soon, followed by chapter 15. strangely enough when I checked it today there were no dust cover 4koma in the colour releases. but I'll double check that again.

Users who are viewing this thread