Shin Honkaku Mahou Shoujo Risuka - Oneshot

Aggregator gang
Man I'm disappointed with the art. I guess Mashima doesn't really care because it's just a oneshot and it's not even his story.

Dex-chan lover
Why does it feel like I am missing a lot of context? Wait, why the hell did she grow? It ended here, so she inexplicably became an adult and then remained as such forevermore?

Group Leader
@feha As the description mentions, this adapts a single scene in the novel series. Specifically, it adapts chapter 1 of vol 1 (the chapter is its own story). It makes much more sense in context and is generally just executed so much better. Her adult form is only temporary, at least.

If you wish to read it, it can be found here: https://swaytranslations.wordpress.com/information/#Risuka.
Also, there's a properly serialised manga coming out in April, which will be a proper adaption of at least the first story. The art for that manga will be done by Nao Emoto. If you prefer to read manga and are curious to know, just check back around mid-April.

Dex-chan lover
@Noyaxus Wait, spin-offs (or whatever its called when its a re-adaptation of a specific scene) can be considered oneshots? Is that not a bit contradictory to the term?

Group Leader
@feha It's somewhat unclear tbh. As this released digitally and with the fourth volume of the novel series as a one-off, it's hard to say. It could also be a doujin though, which may work better with that definition.

Users who are viewing this thread