Shin no Nakama janai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni shimashita - Ch. 63

Contributor
Theodora is a self righteous prick
I disagree. Ruti is a selfish brat.

Imagine your family and friends are killed by demons, and the reason is because the hero wanted to play house. Every day, demons attack and kill innocent people. To do nothing is to let them die.

So what if she didn't want to be the hero. No one is given a choice of where they were born to or what blessing they get.

Aggregator gang
Yup, i am smart af too, i am sure god would love me to kill the Hero, totally wouldn't please the Demon Lord at all, 500 IQ move.
Just for clarification, no one there wants to kill the hero, they want to kill Gideon and Lit cause Gideon is the human part of Ruti. It is all an effort to make Ruti a slave to her hero blessing.

Theodora is kind of an asshole here, but she is also kind of redeemed the next chapter.

She actually healed the martial artist before and he ends up blocking the attack. She did that despite knowing he was going to join Gideons side.

And later she also takes on the responsibilities of Gideon in trying to teach a new hero and she fails miserably and realizes how lacking she is and how important he was to the hero.

Dex-chan lover
I think ultimately she'll give in and let them do whatever.
Ultimately, she got her whole torso cut open, so she's giving in, whether she wants it or not. It doesn't much matter what her dying thoughts are.

Aggregator gang
The entire point of her fight isn't killing the hero, is keeping her occupied so all her "rebellious companions" are killed by the others, she can be subdued, and the sword that strengthens the levels of the [hero] class takes effect to make her a puppet of it.

My issue is more along the lines of what others have said, mainly:

1. How did she know that what the demon and Ares are doing is trying to make Ruti virtually unable to oppose her class?

2. How is she not trying to kill the demon first and then sucker punch Ruti to give her the sword, if she somehow already had an idea of their plan?

3. Not how she isn't trying to convince Ruti of her duty, because I'm pretty sure Ruti IS already conscious of it, but prefers to ignore it. So instead she's trying to justify the need for her actions mostly to herself,as to not falter in front of the opposition her comrades are showing
The novel gives some insights, maybe next chapter will show it She finds an injured Dagan right before this who she heals and gets told what is going on.

2. I am not sure what you are saying here. Like you already said before why she is fighting Ruti so I don't know why she would take the sword from her. Ruti can murder people with a stick.

3. Ruti actively doesn't want anything in life but be with her brother, she has a huge incest interest almost. Extreme brocon. You really can't talk to Ruti, she doesn't care about anyone or anything except Gideon and assassin girl. She only starts caring about stuff after this when she has a life and people to care about. I am not kidding btw, there are onsen scenes where she wants to clean his back and he wonders why she wants to do that and scoffs it off as her just being a nice sister. He is pretty much a brainless idiot who thinks it is normal to have your naked sister clean your back.

Last edited:
Group Leader
Just for clarification, no one there wants to kill the hero, they want to kill Gideon and Lit cause Gideon is the human part of Ruti. It is all an effort to make Ruti a slave to her hero blessing.

Theodora is kind of an asshole here, but she is also kind of redeemed the next chapter.

She actually healed the martial artist before and he ends up blocking the attack. She did that despite knowing he was going to join Gideons side.

And later she also takes on the responsibilities of Gideon in trying to teach a new hero and she fails miserably and realizes how lacking she is and how important he was to the hero.
Yup, because she will totally feel like joining their side after killing her brother, it's even smarter, thanks for the information. :wooow:

Dex-chan lover
I disagree. Ruti is a selfish brat.

Imagine your family and friends are killed by demons, and the reason is because the hero wanted to play house. Every day, demons attack and kill innocent people. To do nothing is to let them die.

So what if she didn't want to be the hero. No one is given a choice of where they were born to or what blessing they get.
So a little girl is being forced against her will to fight monsters every day of her life while not even being able to sleep or even taste anything and you're good with that?

She basically has to be an emotionless machine because of some blessing she didnt ask for, but I suppose its fine to sacrifice a little girl's life as long as you can stay safe right?

You give off that stereotypical ignorant NPC villager vibe

This child shouldnt have to carry the weight of the world on her shoulders if she doesnt want to.

Would you feel the same if the "Hero" class was called the "Sacrificial Lamb" class? Because thats basically what she is.

Dex-chan lover
Theodora is fucking retarded lol. You are trying to force the actual hero to return to the fight while literally seeing that her loved ones are in mortal danger. What do you think she is going to do if they are dead? Join you? or oblitarate anything and everything on her wake?

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter! It's cool to see they even drew Theodora's abs on page 32.

Contributor
So a little girl is being forced against her will to fight monsters every day of her life while not even being able to sleep or even taste anything and you're good with that?

No, I am not. However, life doesn't give the perfect lemons for a perfect lemonade.

If she does nothing, thousands to millions of little girls and boys never getting to grow up to sleep or even taste anything. Are you okay with that?

She basically has to be an emotionless machine because of some blessing she didnt ask for, but I suppose its fine to sacrifice a little girl's life as long as you can stay safe right?

If it is just me? I would be okay with being the only death for her happiness.

But for all the people and their children in the world? No.

Well, if the demons killed my family and wiped my village. I am not going to go to the hero and say, "Although my family is dead and my entire village is wiped out. Its okay that they are dead because I realized, you wanted to be happy. You deserve happiness more than they deserve theirs."

Also, You say that I give off the stereotypical ignorant NPC villager vibe. But what do you think about the haughty selfish nobles who let their peasants die out for their own happiness? Those who let the peasants suffer, starve, and get killed by the enemy so the nobles can eat cake.

Ruti is giving off that vibes.

This child shouldnt have to carry the weight of the world on her shoulders if she doesnt want to.

Completely true. Assuming that I am still roleplaying the villager, I don't make the rules. The other people of the world and I will be a consequence of whatever choices the hero makes.

Would you feel the same if the "Hero" class was called the "Sacrificial Lamb" class? Because thats basically what she is.

Would you feel the same when your family and friends get killed because she didn't want to be the sacrificial lamb?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
2. I am not sure what you are saying here. Like you already said before why she is fighting Ruti so I don't know why she would take the sword from her. Ruti can murder people with a stick.
Basically that she shouldn't have started this entire encounter by fighting Ruti, which clearly paints her in an antagonistic role and would make them distrustful, but instead use subterfuge after making everyone let their guards down to accomplish her goals instead.

Don't really think if Ruti fully becomes a puppet of her class she'd be able to care about people who are in the way of it anyway (or at least express it, mentally of course she'd be devastated). And with both Ares and her working together, they shouldn't be losing to the remaining opposition that easily, let alone being able to just escape with Ruti after conveying their intention to continue their journey to kill the Demon Lord.

Dex-chan lover
Calling it now, the demon lord is the previous hero who the dumbass goddess forced to sacrifice everything to defeat the previous demon lord who was the previous, previous hero who...

Dex-chan lover
Would you feel the same when your family and friends get killed because she didn't want to be the sacrificial lamb?
Would you feel the same if your innocent daughter was the sacrificial lamb?

And before you even try to say anything, let's be real here, the only reason you insist on Ruti being wrong is because she's a nobody to you, you talk about innocent people dying, but in reality your entire argument is based around your loved ones, you're pretty clearly the type of person that sees everyone else as expendable as long as the ones you love are fine.
Really ironic that you call her selfish when you selfishly see anyone else as expendable just as long as your loved ones are fine, people like you are the selfish ones, it's easy to justify sacrifice when it's not directly related to you.

But even if you do belive she should die for the greater good, for a empty cause, a war that repeat itself just because that's how God wills it, that just means you're no different than all the people in history who justify atrocities, but hey, as long as you can justify it as being for the "greater good", any vile action is acceptable right?

Honestly, you must think you're being realistic, but in fact you're just a cynic, even in-universe the characters know the system is rigged, the characters absolutely should go against it, change always has a price, but it's better than a pointless conflict to continue forever because it's the easy way, you don't even think of alternatives, because hey, your loved ones are fine right? So fuck all the countless innocent that die for nothing right?
"Cynicism is not realistic and tough. It's unrealistic and kind of cowardly because it means you don't have to try."

Honestly, if you want to refute my arguments go ahead, I most likely won't reply, I already know what cowardly arguments to expect, I don't care about pathetic excuses that justify sacrificing fucking children, I prefer to talk to people who wants to make the world a better place instead of accepting the world as it is because it's easier.
It's baffling that in fucking 2023 there's still moronic people who justify pointless sacrifice instead of trying to find better alternatives.

Group Leader
The idea is more or less to have her blessing brainwash her by killing what keeps her human; a doll doesn't feel resentment.
Doesn't the blessing just give impulse and not brainwash ? ( my memory foggy tho )
And let's say it brainwash her, wouldn't she still kill everyone involved in the room since they worked with a demon aka what she is supposed to kill.
I know that the IQ of all the people in the room put together doesn't go past 8 but still.
Like they are going to kill :
  • maybe the Hero could just boke down instead of being Brainwashed.
  • so called strongest human swordsman ( who is also a really good & respected strategist ).
  • a fairly high ranK adventurer.
  • the sage ( well a corrupted one ).
  • a random demon general.
  • assassin girl ( might not die but likely to just stop adventure/fighting all together ).
  • maybe Theodora herself.

And let's say be miracle or whatever they brainwash her, they were already stuck while having the Hero, Danan, Assassin girl, Theodora & the Sage, but bringing just a brainwashed Hero back will solve the issue somehow.

You can put as much sugar as you want on top of poop, it will still smell and taste like shit. It's a dumb plan, no matter which way you look at it or how many detail you had to it.

Users who are viewing this thread