Shin no Nakama janai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni shimashita - Ch. 70

Dex-chan lover
This reads like the last chapter, any confirmation on if that's the case?

Edit: apparnetly not, I missed Dramen's comment.

Definitely not the last of the light novel content, but we'll have to see if the mangaka/publisher still wants to cover the rest of the novels.

This manga chapter about ends the 1st major story arc, which spans source LNs 1-4.

It's taken about 6 years for the manga to reach this point (2018-2024); in comparison Season 1 of the anime adaptation covered this arc within 13 episodes from Oct-Dec 2021.

Question now is whether the manga will continue adapting the LNs from 5 and beyond; in comparison Season 2 of the anime covered Vols 5, 8 and 9 within 13 episodes from Jan-March 2024.

Should've just ended there, no need to drag the story along further.

Iirc this was supposed to have been the ending of the original story, but the author ended up writing more stuff anyway; but they did confirm that LN Vol 15 will be its final instalment.

Dex-chan lover
With Ares's death and them the only ones who came to the funeral, they really let him down one last time.

• Wow
Reactions: le3
Double-page supporter
It's been a while since I read this so i don't remember if this is how it works. Can someone confirm if/where this was mentioned or implied?
I was told that it was implied at some point that killing the demon lord would just cause the person who did it to become the next demon lord. Is that how this works here?

Dex-chan lover
Wow they held a funeral for the bastard. Is my initial reaction, but I remembered this is a fantasy setting, so he could return as an undead or something like that without proper funeral. The fucker also get cremated (legally!) so there will be minimal traces of him, if anyone decided to search they wouldn’t find much of anything.

Clean your hands off him and move on, seems like a great move. I do wonder who compensated Red for the damage to his store.
Also doing anything else may attract unwanted attention. Ares was still the son of a noble after all, and depending on what his family is like, they may come around causing shit if his remains were desecrated in any way. At least this way, they can legally and honestly say they handled things by the book.

Dex-chan lover
we traversing the fanservice territory now ? i dont think theres any more conflict after this
We might, if only a little bit. Stories like this, moments of peace are usually the biggest flags that shit's about to hit the fan again. :pacman:

Dex-chan lover
this could perfectly be the final chapter of this series and I wouldn't be mad at all

Dex-chan lover
Is the harem tag added because his lil sis is weirdly stuck to him, or is the story heading down a road full of women? I’m not interested if it’s the latter. The story has felt weird for a while now if I’m honest… maybe I’ve just lost interest.

Dex-chan lover
I feel it's fitting that Red wishes Ares find peace in his next life, he don't sympathize with Ares cause in the end he was a massive asshole until the very end, but he still understands that a lot of Ares insanity was due to the [Sage] blessing making him completely lose his marbles.

I say that because it's super common in moments like this for mc to feel sad his supposedly friend died, how he'll be missed, not understand why things ended like this and so on, even though said friend was a lunatic who tried to kill mc multiple times lol, but nope, Ares was both an asshole and a victim of his own blessing and Red is completely aware of that.

I see Red and co giving Ares funeral as sort of last pity of a man who's victim to his own fates, arsehole, and dumbass.
They could just Ares's body rotten inside anywhere.
But instead, they chose to give Ares last rite, and hope that his next life, he would be less of idiot, and arsehole.

Dex-chan lover
Wow even godwin got a happy ending, well he deserved that much at least.

No mentions of Tise and uge uge, guess they're still recuperating.
Tise and Uge Uge both showed up at the funeral, looks like they’re pretty much recovered.

Double-page supporter
Well both are true.

Also the fact that 2nd season of anime is waaaaaaaaay ahead from manga scanlations. And already aired.

Probably one of the rare experience that watching the anime will spoil the manga plot :dogkek:
Well, Overlord Anime surpassed manga by one and a half season.

Dex-chan lover
I agree this woulda been a good spot to end it.

This manga already lost me after 20 chapters of fighting the same guys in the same setting.

Users who are viewing this thread