Shin no Nakama janai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni shimashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 26

Fed-Kun's army
Looking at the last image, considering the girl's height to be 1.5m, how big is that old goat!?

Dex-chan lover
I hope the remaining party members ditch the idiot. He's 100% going to get one of them killed with his "intelligent" planning.

Dex-chan lover
Yet another Everyone Hates Ares chapter. Always fun.

He certainly performs his role as the heel quite well. Kudos to the author.

Someone teach that inexperienced mage that knowledge is one thing and 'knowing' when, how and where to apply that knowledge is another thing.

Being smart by knowing a lot is useless if he doesn't know how to process new information with the knowledge he already to bring about a favourable result.

Dex-chan lover
@Add1152000 What would they do, drag him along in chains? He decided to leave, so there's nothing to do about it. Quit when you are still ahead. His role was quite clear, to support the others in the very beginning. He was the most capable back when the others were still amateurs. I don't see why he should die on a mission when he's not up to par anymore.

Aggregator gang
knowledge and wisdom are too different things, this mage clearly never played DnD

Also poor hero QQ she is just really lonely, I understand what her brother did but at the same time he should be aware of the burden and mental strain he would be putting on his little sister. If he was so wise he could clearly tell how dependent the hero was on him and how his party was fragile with him not educating the others.

Dex-chan lover
Crab Bowls for din-din!

HEY SAGE GUY. WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT PEOPLE WHO AREN'T FULFILLING THEIR ROLES?! GIT GUD BOI

@Kaarme as I recall he was basically chased out and stripped of his gear by Sage

Screenshot-2020-11-10-150932.png

Dex-chan lover
Sage - Acknowledges all the things MC did to help the team including him.
Sage - What has he ever done?
Boy you might have high INT but your WIS stat is low af.

@dudewithmagic from what I gathered from the manga and the novel was that Gideon thought that the archmage and Ruri were on that kind of relationship when he peeked on the window, so he thought Ruri wouldn't need him anymore. Or something along those lines.

jak

Contributor
I get it was the sage asshole who ousted him, but why would you get rid of a master tactician?

Dex-chan lover
I guess they all hoped they would be able to pick up Gideon's duties by themselves. That the sage would do the thinking, the rogue would do wheeling and dealing, some of the warriors would protect the more vulnerable members of the party... Well, turns out they all suck at that, and more importantly, no one of them can be Hero's waifu/husbando.

Dex-chan lover
In a way, Ares is also "trapped" by his Sage class.

He must act like a tactician and party leader, even if he isn't really good enough. Because his class demands that.

Actually, it's part of the reason why he kicked Gideon. While Gideon is in party, Ares can't fulfill his role as Sage.

While it's true that Ares is a total ass and deserves a beating... even if he wasn't, he'd have same issues.

The unwanted compulsions and limits of "Divine Protection" systems is one of the key points of this story after all.

Banned
@jak @dudewithmagic
cause the sage assumed he is a master tactician and his god like ego told him that the MC is completely useless and only serves to get in the way of his marriage plans. He believes completely in his skill while others in the party don't see the skills as "be all , end all" type of things.
It gets explained more in the novel where everyone in the party pretty much recognized that the MC's capability is both tactics and support and they all doubt what the sage claims after he gets rid of the MC. Hell, his sister even finds out the truth but because of the "chains"(figurative) on her, she doesn't leave the party... well not yet anyway.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaitensatsuma He wouldn't have left if at some level he didn't agree on the necessity. Sure, Ares had his own agenda and was anything but nice about it, but at the end of the day, it was still the truth.

@dudewithmagic How would the hero have felt if Gideon had died on a mission, like he probably would have, when enemies got tougher and tougher, yet his own development had stalled already?

Users who are viewing this thread