Shin no Nakama janai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni shimashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 26

@Kaarme :
How would the hero have felt if Gideon had died on a mission, like he probably would have, when enemies got tougher and tougher, yet his own development had stalled already?
Well, unfortunately, thats exactly the concept of an alt reality side story in the novel. The answer is:
She would keep going on the journey, and she gives into her Hero divine protection completely, and starts outwardly acting like the "perfect" stereotypical hero, saying all the right things, but
only making decisions based on her mission and with no real emotional connection to anyone or anything.

Double-page supporter
@Kaarme I think it was stated in manga (at least between the lines) that it was because due the Sages jealousy, that he drove Gideon away from the party.
Other party members have already noted that they fared better together, Gideon being the adhesive property of the group. Thus I doubt that, as long as he would stay behind the lines (as he was supposed to - he isn't dmg dealer) and in support role, he would actually been of any nuisance - quite to the contrary.

Aggregator gang
@Kaarme

Your not wrong that as a person with less long term battle potential he was falling behind. And for his own safety he is better off not taking an active role in fighting high level monsters.
But the other point is that he contributed far more than just being a combatant and they could have kept him with them for that reason.
The sage is a jerk and wanted him gone but the others were too complacent given they at some level knew his value but had taken it for granted thinking it wouldn’t be too hard to fill the gaps by themselves.

Fed-Kun's army
The murals in the temple showed what looked like humans, monsters, and other things working together or at least going somewhere together. That's pretty neat.

Dex-chan lover
@Okama-Sanji @Add1152000 They are fighting intelligent enemies, not only mindless monsters. Those demons would recognise Gideon is trying to stay away from the fights and would target him. All it takes is a single, fleeting moment and it's all over. That's how fights and battles are. The sage also has weak defense, but at least he can use offense as defense if he fights with some more wits.

Dex-chan lover
@Thiron @Kaarme I notice that after Gideon leave the other party member (including the hero) already surrender themselves to their fate: 'if I die for the sake of the mission then its okay', but Ares himself, as the one most responsible, dont have the same mentality. He is always whine and even dare to think that he will be married to the hero and get eternal glory, he isnt focused to his mission, and maybe think that this mission is just a walk in a park. I think it is the core reason why he never been acknowledge by the other in the party, if he just change then its okay, but I think that chance is slim, and maybe just in death that he realise his mistake.

In short he is an idiot, but the kind of idiot that dangerous to other people.

Dex-chan lover
@SingLove
It's more they are slowly realizing how useless they are to Ruti without Gideon around. When he was around, he knew how to utilize each member to their best effect, whereas now it is just Ruti bruteforcing everything while they attempt to contribute. Of course only the Sage is too blinded/proud to notice this due to his jealously of Gideon. And as for Gideon leaving the party
due to his research on divine protections he was always going to eventually do so due to the "fate" of those with the Guide divine protection
Alex just gave him a proper pretext for leaving.

@Kaitensatsuma yep, since Ruti class is a Hero she can't hurt her party members, when she "exploded" the sage her willpower and emotions surpassed the Class power to rule over her actions, tho right after that she HAD to heal him, 'cause a Hero can't let her Party Members die. Ruti's class is such an atrocity that she can't sleep, doesn't need food or water to live and basically doesn't have a personality, since all of those things are useless to a hero.
Tho fortunately as you will later see her personality is really cute

You know what i would appreciate? If the Sage would finally start to acknowledge that he was an idiot and that he caused a great loss by pushing away Gideon/Red. He has been an ignorant elitist long enough and he has been punished. It's time for him to grow. He just made a small step forward the right direction in this chapter, but he immediately made a step backwards by denying his realization and still playing the "elite superior sage".

Dex-chan lover
I love that we are beginning to really edge into the central plot of the story.

Dex-chan lover
@Schwarz_Furumoto

Oh yeah, no, I noticed already, that without her brother to engage her as his little sister and without anyone else around to treat her like anything other than her Role/Class she turns basically into an NPC

You can see in the flashbacks she doesn't have that sort of *blank* look

I mean is pretty obvious they would go downhill without him and I may be sounding insensitive af but honestly the chapters spend on the party are so damn boring cause so far nothing they did pushes the plot, is just a
constant reminder of how Alex is a dumb fuck.

Double-page supporter
But she didn't flip over the crab and attack its weak point.

Users who are viewing this thread