Shin no Nakama janai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni shimashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 26

Hero's Party is Really Thirsty for Red

P.S. this Protections Stuff is getting much more Interesting.

Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can’t wait for the next update.

Fed-Kun's army
@SingLove
All the other party members KNEW how much Gideon was beneficial to the party and yet let Alex run him off and only NOW decided to go after him.

Well, to be fair, Alex said that he'd take over Gideon, only after he failed is that the other party members started to regret it.

Why all the other party members tolerate the guy however is beyond me. The only one I understand is Ruty (because of her curse/blessing), but on any realistic scenario, all the other party members would have forced Alex to leave a long time ago. Because of that single idiot, they lost half of their members after all.

Aggregator gang
@HyoEden
Why all the other party members tolerate the guy however is beyond me. The only one I understand is Ruty (because of her curse/blessing), but on any realistic scenario, all the other party members would have forced Alex to leave a long time ago. Because of that single idiot, they lost half of their members after all.
Their protections are to blame once again: most people in this world simply assume that others know what they're doing, as long as they have the correct protection for the task at hand. The other party members assume and take it for granted that Alex/Ares "has the right answers", because he has the "Sage" protection. They do not think critically about whether he is actually right - they simply assume he must know the answer, because he has a god-given protection that gives him the power of knowledge.

As a second example of this problem, we see Teodora simply assume that Ruti will survive any battle, because she has the "Hero" protection that gives her immense battle prowess. She does not think critically about what the Hero protection actually does to Ruti's personality or battle stats - Teodora's assumption conflicts with Ruti's real experience, because we've seen Ruti and Gideon say in chapter 17 and 23 that the Hero protection only gives her "immunity to negative conditions" including tiredness and fear. We've also seen in chapter 17 that Ruti's Hero protection suppresses negative emotions and prevents her from doing harm to her allies, so even when she kills Alex/Ares, the Hero protection forces her to heal him.

So let's think critically about what the Hero protection is doing.
Why does the Hero protection make Ruti so emotionless? We know that the Hero protection suppresses negative emotions - so if she currently has no emotions at all, then it is possible that currently all of her emotions are negative. She might actually be angry and unhappy the entire time, because of her dissatisfaction with the current party arrangement.
Why is the Hero protection making Ruti grow so much more powerful? It seems that Ruti's battle stats have only become more disturbing as more party members leave, and it seems that her battle stat growth has only accelerated unnaturally since Gideon left. So is entirely possible that Ruti's incredible stat growth isn't a result of fighting stronger monsters or gaining more experience, but instead a result of the Hero protection directly making up for the deficiencies in her party support.

Let's think about where these developments lead us.
The more Ruti has to deal with Alex/Ares and not Gideon, the more negative emotions she has. The more negative emotions Ruti has, the more the Hero protection suppresses her emotions altogether. At the same time, the more Gideon's absence breaks the party, the more Ruti has to make up for the missing party members. The more Ruti has to make up the weakness of her party, the more the Hero protection increases her individual battle stats. Altogether, Gideon's absence puts Ruti on a path toward 100% suppressed, 100% negative emotions, and infinite battle power.
I have a bad feeling about this.

Double-page supporter
@x754 Don't forget

that there's a drug subplot about changing the protection which may lead to the hero taking said drug for the freedom.

Dex-chan lover
Re: Red's Guider protection & class/protections in general and why he was surpassed by the other members (IIRC from reading the WN a while back). Its not exactly traditional stat growth issues w/ 'tutorial characters':
Most every protection comes with one or more class specific skills page for you to put skill points into. Its not that Guider doesn't grow, its that it has no protection specific/additional skill pages. So the only thing he can put the skill points he gets from leveling is the 'common' skills pages that every protection has access to. First aid, endurance, herbology, cooking, hunting, tracking, general combat, etc etc. Those give access to a lot of basic/intermediate skills, but absolutely no advanced skills. He's basically a 'jack-of-all-trades' scenario, and the Guider protection drove him to seek knowledge in order to be able to guide others better, so he's of extremely high utility/support. His role progression in combat would've gone Badass->tank & dps->off tank/dps->raid/tactical leader & well timed distraction (and as shown, he drove/handled all the 'out of combat' skill rolls :D ).

The others with powerful classes have much better skill pages w/ better quality skills (for what they are focused on), and these allow others to hit way above him after awhile (if he had magic: mages with fire3 & ultima would beat someone with fire1 & 2, even with the same INT stat; in Red's case, I think he could only max out intermediate swordsmanship, giving him a combat ceiling compared to ones with advanced combat skills). However, knowledge & training gives him alot of utility and high efficiency. Also, he's found out that the 'common' skill pages have max out bonuses that he's one of the only ones to ever find out (no one goes above a couple of levels in common pages to unlock a specific useful utility skill here or there, preferring to concentrate almost entirely on their protection pages). Not sure why he has chosen not to share that with others.

I think i'm not misremembering all of that.

Double-page supporter
what a truly pathetic sage! he would have died (should have died imo) if Ruti didnt protect his weak bitch ass, hope he gets killed off or thrown off the party! He a burden...

Dex-chan lover
"Hieracosphinxes" he says, yet what are flying about are obviously griffons.

@custynee
You ever fight the EX Stonefist Hermitaur or the EX Rustrazor Ceanataur in MHGU?

Dex-chan lover
@custynee
GU goes for pretty cheap these days. Doesn't get much attention now despite the intense hype in the MH community when it released after so long.
But we'll be getting Rise and Stories 2 this year as well, so it is a good year to be a Switch Monster Hunter.
I wonder if there is a gameplay video for the Bow in Rise yet. Ought to recheck. Also I hope we'll be able to go Gunner in Stories 2, since the options were kinda limited in the first MHStories.

Its funny how Ares says the good point about the MC then after that he just say he's useless lmao

Users who are viewing this thread