Shin no Nakama janai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni shimashita

Can anyone spoil me on if creepy sage dude actually manages to snag away the hero girl for himself? I don't want to read on through if he just gets to have his way with her by that time, even though I should be more interested in Red and Lit's side of the story. I just hate generic love-sick creeps like that who get what they want without some justice served.

"I was kicked out of the hero party by an idiot because I kept on doing my job as a party member by helping the hero who was literally my own little sister"

Why would I subject myself to this garbage? It’s just gonna make my blood boil at the dumbass Mc and shitty characters. No thank you. I don’t need to deal with that bullshit.

Dex-chan lover
@mustardhobo you took the time to click on it and then comment
sounds like you just like whinging like a bitch

@Thor If they took 10 chapters to introduce the main heroine this would’ve been a huge flop and the publishers would’ve axed it

Allow me to tear apart the fundamental premise of this manga. The main character is a complete asshole. He literally abandoned his party. Didn't even say a word as he left. Didn't have the guts or proper respect for his comrades to walk up to them and tell them he was leaving. He just ghosted them, disappeared entirely without an explanation. Left them hanging in the middle of an important life-threatening mission into dangerous territory.

And why? Because one party member told the MC he didn't like him. Er, what? Sure, I can understand being depressed by that. But that doesn't excuse the MC's actions at all. Especially when the MC doesn't seem all that broken up about it and just gets on with his life elsewhere (whereas someone actually depressed wouldn't be able to manage even that). And he even leaves his little sister behind. And in the hands of the guy who hates him, no less. Wtf, dude? You're not even going to talk to your little sister before leaving? What kind of brother are you? Heck, that's horrible for a normal human being, let alone family!

Or to sum it up, the MC is a self-absorbed asshole that doesn't really care about his party members or his family, despite what he may pretend. He up and abandons them while in the middle of an important and dangerous mission without a word because his feelings were hurt by one guy. He then takes his god blessed abilities that were given to him to protect humanity and tries his best not to use them in the middle of nowhere. At best, you could say that the divine protections fucked with his mind. But that makes no sense since he's literally going against the point of his divine protection (unless you wanna say he's going to guide the hero party leagues away without any contact whatsoever...) and the previous generations of heroes and party members apparently never had such problems, so that's not a thing.

Yeah, no. Unless the Sage turns out to have mind control powers that made the MC dumb or something (which would be an ass pull since it hasn't been foreshadowed AT ALL thus far), the premise is super dumb. There were so many other ways they could've done this without giving the MC such a big idiot ball. The author would have to really pull something out of the left field to salvage this, and even then I wouldn't trust it since lack of foreshadowing means more than likely the author just made it up on the spot after having the obvious flaws pointed out.

I'm out.

Dex-chan lover
I regret reading Brand New Day. Because of it, whenever I see any of the artist's other works, I instantly just refer to him as "that Goblin Slayer manga guy".

Dex-chan lover
I hope all action will be in flashbacks and elsewhere. I like the comfy life which is going on

@AMicrowave And yet I'll note none of what you said precludes him from going to his party members and talking to them. Nor does that one party member actually have the ability to kick him out, nor did that party member actually have the ability to take any of his gear. That one party member just demanded as such, and the MC just rolled over and accepted it before just up and leaving without a word.

@PersonaJXT
I agree. Even if it's just fantasy, it's the usual isekai dynamic of "overpowered guy with low self esteem doesn't do the thing he should be taking responsibility for and instead runs and hides to have a peaceful slow idyllic life, while everything crumbles because he's oh so important and stuff." This screams of self insertion for japanese salarymen who want to quit, but at the same time everyone to tell them they're irreplaceable and beg them to stay.

Him being unable to see objectively his own role in the party, while at the same time failing to see the mage guy's true character, which isn't exactly that difficult considering how easily he lashes out, says more about his intelligence than any convenient skill he supposedly has.

I hope Hero kicks Mage's balls and locks him in Avalon. Oh wait, wrong story.

Users who are viewing this thread