Shingeki no Eroko-san ~Hen na Oneesan wa Danshikousei to Nakayoku Naritai~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - Perversion 14 – I want to sneak up behind the high schoo…

Group Leader
We dragged our feet releasing this one. Our bad. We're still going to keep releasing it even if we're occasionally slow because we think this series deserves an actual translation.

Group Leader
What's up with the cleaning? It seems like everything is much darker and more is cropped out compared to TOOR's version.

Dex-chan lover
Idk if the other group is the ones getting stuff wrong or this one is, but this case specifically having another group translating doesn't seem bad to me, because the actual translations seem clearer in this version (like in the other one Eruko implied she was possibly imagining the last couple panels?)

Feels like both teams get it right in some bubbles but there's bigger differences in both versions. Guess I'll just have to slowly check the raws and to really find out.

Group Leader
@EmeraldLagasse
@IsaacBai
Our translation isn't just smoother in terms of English, it's also actually accurate. For example on page 2 she's commenting on the persistent nightmares being due to the memories of her previous job being exceptionally traumatic. Their translation clearly missed that. On page 4 she tells him to use the shower, and even uses the English derived word "shaawaa" so translating that as "feel free to use the bathroom" when she's telling him to take a shower after she's done doesn't make sense. As for "mini-me", he's really just using the Japanese word for groin there. Their version of page 5 is just a grammatical mess all around where it's clear they didn't know what the sentences were really saying and were just kind of literally translating based on dictionary definitions of words. Probably the worst thing they did was butcher the "I'm a virgin joke" on page 10. One thing we really couldn't figure out is why they localize the "ore-sama" stuff when English doesn't have first person pronouns or honorifics or anime character archetypes, but then leave JK and ecchi in as is when English has the words "high school girl" "lewd" and "erotic". As for the rest of the chapter, I don't think you need to know Japanese to know that there's something wrong with their translation.

Edit:
@GalladeGuy
Sadly, the darkness it what happens when you scan and clean raws that aren't printed on great paper. We switched to paper scans a few chapters ago because the digital versions were horrible.

@alex68785
I have a question about the 'Attack on Eroko" translation on the last page. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Eroko's handle means Eroko's the one doing the attacking (in the sense that she's a sexual predator going in for the pounce). Can't think of any reason for that to be translated as "Attack on Eroko" unless it's a reference to Attack on Titan, which doesn't make much sense in this context.

I would suggest Full-throttle Eroko as an example if you really need to translate that handle.

• This
Reactions: GK
So they take more liberties and miss certain details. I believe I am team HAS so thanks for the insights.

Group Leader
@akinokaze
The title is very likely a pun on "Shingeki no Kyojin" which for some reason was localized as "Attack on Titan". To translate the pun we're pretty limited on how to do so. Blame whoever decided to do the initial localization.

Aggregator gang
Gotta tweet at the artist something like "you'd break my heart if you stop working on this"

Dex-chan lover
I don't think there is an adequate description for the noise that escaped from my body as my jaw dropped because of the last page.

@alex68785
To clarify, my question was why does Shingeki no Eroko have to be translated in the same way as a bad localization of Shingeki no Kyoujin in the first place. In other words, I don't see why Shingeki no Eroko is a pun of Shingeki no Kyoujin just because they share an adjective.

Double-page supporter
The poor girl doesn't know the high school boy in the tweets is her crush! 😅

Dex-chan lover
Can't tell if it's a wingman situation or if it's ignorance is bliss situation, but considering how perverted these three are, it will probably end in an orgy regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread