Shingeki no Kyojin - Vol. 34 Ch. 138 - A Long Dream

Those deaths of the Eren group(excluding the Ackerman and shifters) seems kinda rushed, it is like Isayama knew not enough characters were killed or heard that from the fans and retconned it. idk maybe I'm just disappointed aot ended this way

From what I can tell now though, hasn't Eren essentially completed his task? aside from a few folk from the Marley army. I don't feel like this has been rushed, but I don't understand Mikasas flashback or why it was shown. It's not something that's happened yet as far as I'm aware so I can only think it's being shown because something may happen related to it in the next chapter?

Aggregator gang
@Paralleluniverse Is implied in your comment lol.

Hinted she can move on??? Dude, she was literally going to kill herself because she thought Eren died (in your own words, a "crazy delusional". Normal people don't do this shit) . She only carried on because of her Ackerman genes. And the conclusion she arrives?? Eren, again. She is NOT moving on when she says she will continue to live so she can remember him. That's just another way of grieving. When Eren is shown to be fine, she gets on his business as usual If not more because of that experience.

Again, I think you are choosing to see what you wanted to see instead of what the character really was. Mikasa always fixated/focused/cared for Eren first and foremost. Ironically, for once she develops in here and decides that duty comes first than her personal feelings, and actually acts on it. However killing the person you love is harsh, and while not ideal (bc is dark af), I think is expected she would give a goodbye gesture to Eren.

Yeah Mikasa knew the world was cruel. More the reason for her to attach to the one thing (Eren) that made her think It wasn't. Btw, this realization she has, she is had it since she was a kid/awoke as an Ackerman. I mean the whole "the world is a cruel place" thing, so is not like she only "got it" then.

You keep talking about her being deep and having more to give but no. This is it. The story didn't need to focus more on Mikasa because her issue was exactly this one, that she couldn't let go of Eren. You can't have her develop without killing Eren, hence she does it now. Idk Is not that hard.

I do agree it would have been nice to see the characters more during those 3 or 4 years trying to decide what to do and building things for the island, but then again it would be more or less what we saw. On the circumstances of peace they were in at the moment, there is no reason for them to develop, and that applies to Mikasa as well.

@Watercell Pretty sure Yams wanted to kill everyone and mentioned wanting to do that, but editors got in the way and told him not to (hence Sasha surviving). If anything he is been holding on the kill count lol

@lb2020 Seeing other characters like Falco got visions through paths, Mikasa getting one now isn't exactly surprising. It may have been Eren all along showing her this so she could finish the job, since all eldians are connected through paths and is confirmed Eren's ability kinda let's him see other realities or something.

While Eren did not complete his genocide, he did effectively end the Marley empire. The attack on Liberio crippled their standing & sea army and eliminated the military leadership. In addition, the Marley counter-attack failed and that was their one shot at killing Eren before activating the Rumbling. The rest of the world is okay but none were as mighty as Marley. Paradis is in a bit of a shambles as they have also lost their military leadership but their rank and file still remain so they can effectively recover to a strong position.

To summarize, Eren did really achieve what he set out to do which was to protect the people of Paradis. They are now safe. He also did a Lelouch by gathering all the hate of every people in the world onto him. It was also Paradis soldiers who put a stop to him so Paradis can convince the world that this was the work of a rogue lone wolf.

Also, Ymir seems satisfied. So seems like she might be unshackled from the paths and finally the curse of titanization might end. In conclusion, Eren did nothing wrong.

Aggregator gang
Why did it look like it was Falco who screamed for the eldians to turn into titans?

It was a long dream indeed.

Rereading chapter 1 made it a full circle. This is Eren's plan all along.
Looks like it going to be a Code Geass esque ending.

Double-page supporter
The best chapter in a while. Just because Mikasa got back like we knew her.

Power Uploader
@Aitchy

Holy shit, thanks for pointing that out...
so Erin is looping or something similar, and this is his current attempt to break out of whatever fate he's stuck in?

Aggregator gang
I so fucking told you that it's all gonna be a dream or a time travel or some other BS

Double-page supporter
Honestly I don't think Connie and Jean and the other Eldians are dead yet. Because, if it was them, they would've suicided to avoid being turned into full health titans and cause trouble for their teammates. So Isayama not writing it this way might be so that they can be brought back later, like via killing the spine thing.

At this point the only thing that i can think on how is this going end is they're gonna be reincarnated

Users who are viewing this thread