Shingeki no Kyojin - Vol. 34 Ch. 138 - A Long Dream

i mean Eren isnt a villain, hes a protag turned anti hero then antagonist. antagonist doesnt always mean villain so whats with the hate? people be out here spitting bs without reading the manga and not understanding where he's coming from

@GardeIV

Last time I checked army commanders are still answerable to their superiors and Eren is no exception.

You do realize that even during times of warfare that there are codes of conduct, right?

News flash, the things that Eren did can all be categorized as war crimes especially stuff like treason, staging coups, torture, killing innocent civilians and especially mass genocide.

So you are perfectly fine with Eren betraying Hizuru, eh. They had an agreement or treaty which Eren clearly broke. He is definitely in the wrong there, especially when his asshole followers like Floch started killing and torturing them

Fine way for Eren to treat his allies. This just proves that Eren is a traitorous scumbag through and through. First he betrayed his friends like Armin, Mikasa , Jean, Connie by locking them up when they dared to disagree with him. Now he betrayed his allies from Hizuru too.

I see that didn't you counter any of my other arguments in my previous post and resorted to personal attacks on me. One who resorts to personal attacks is a sign of one who has lost the argument.

Last time I checked army commanders are still answerable to their superiors and Eren is no exception.
Eren has no superiors, he carries the founder titan in his blood which puts him at the level of King Fritz.
You attacking me doesn't help your case when it's literally established in canon that Eren can see the future and all of his actions stem from not having other options if he wants Eldians to survive til the end.
Perhaps you already know this and are just trolling, I wouldn't know. This manga has been in print for over 11 years and anyone who still fails to understand the characters must have a learning disability at the very least.

@GardeIV

This is what you posted about me, twice in fact:

Please read the manga instead of spouting things you have heard from youtube anime e- celeb.

Perhaps you already know this and are just trolling, I wouldn't know. This manga has been in print for over 11 years and anyone who still fails to understand the characters must have a learning disability at the very least.

It's very clear to me from the context of your posts, that you are definitely lying and are the one trolling not me. Since you have directly personally attacked me at least twice.

Anyways I have reported have both of your posts.

ppl fighting going to the point of reporting each others comments just because they have diferent opinions, yikes.
It's just a comic man, wtf get a life, learn to interact with others or some shit.

What kind of clown reports others for disagreeing lmao
I'd tell you to grow a spine but that would take years unless you're a titan shifter 😂

I shouldn't have clicked on the god damn bubble bro what the fuck is going on in here?????? Go outside and touch some grass respectfully

I seriously cannot understand how anyone can defend Eren's actions with honesty, i can sympathise with his suffering however it seems that most you have forgotten what Gabi's character is for AoT, she is a reflection of Eren, she has the same motivations Eren had in season 1, but somehow they both have completely different ideologies despite having extremely similar upbringings and circumstances.

It's extremely obvious (considering how convenient that Gabi and Falco ended up at Sasha's orphanage) but Gabi is Isayama saying "war is bad, revenge is bad, do not murder people that are innocent", there is a literal monologue about this between that orphan who Sasha saved and Gabi, where it was clear that Isayama was portraying the main theme of this entire manga that people still misconstrued into something else. Eren has become the antagonist of the series because unlike Gabi, he is unable to understand the fact that killing people who are unrelated to his suffering is immoral, which i find extremely surprising because he has the ability to see the past and how his main cause of suffering are Eldians to begin with.

I still to this day, don't know why Eren does not see that his main cause of suffering is the entire existence of the Fritz family. The Fritz family are an altruistic royal family that forcefully brainwash people to continue suffering for the "sins" their ancestors committed. Eren's ultimate goal should've been to either, eat Historia and with his power show every Eldian the brainwashing that has been going on for hundreds of years. This is not helped by the fact that Eren also does not consider peacefully having a conversation with the rest of the world.

Which in my opinion Eren should've known that the ultimate goal would be to peacefully trade and have a conversation with Marley. As we see during the rumbling when people's preconceived ideologies of other races are tarnished as the world is about to end and they finally become humans, people are able to understand one another and reason with each other, knowing that people are facing their own demons and their own internal struggles, that we should be supporting people through hard times, not pushing them down. I really wish Isayama had made this theme more clearer for the retarded audience, but ideologies in themselves are anti human, ideologies force people to have preconceived ideas about other races, people, and things they've never interacted with before. God is the writing in this manga fucking garbage, Isayama has some fantastic philosophical ideas, he just needs to express them more clearly for the unwashed masses.

@Arminator please explain how they could talk with Marley, at least half of man there were like Gabi and why Eren shouldve eaten Historia: his friend and Have you just written that he shouldve brainwashed his people? Those whose freedom he wanted? Eren wanted to talk with Marley, im sure but look what Willy Tybur said, they all wanted war. There really weren't any other options to make Eldians clearly free. So Eren took genocides burden on himself. Now i understand better that Gabi is Eren's reflection so thank you, but you're the one who misunderstood the rest. Nobody have to defend Eren, everything is clear there, the whole story is great

Whoa Mikasa 😂

I just came back from reading AoT and the story is, well, d a m n.

Thank you for the update!

@yarusugoi777 I hate this Fandom so much mostly the shippers and idiots who can’t stand an opinion

@Arminator

Yes to everything you said but the last sentence. To me it was extremely apparent what the whole theme is during several parts of when they were back on the Island a few dozen chapters ago. The main cast with the first Marleans they meet, Sasha and that one cook, Falco and Gabi and the Villagers, The main cast and the Marlean soldiers airing out all their stuff when they were running from the Eren Loyalists. Take your pick. I don't think he honestly couldn't make it any more clearer unless he had the characters literally flat out say/explain everything he's trying to convey. "I really wish Isayama had made this theme more clearer for the retarded audience", you kind of said it. I would still bet that people will still be willfully stupid about it or reject the entire premise even if he did such a thing.. Cause to me another thing he's trying to say is "collective guilt is wrong", and shits bad now irl that people are actively fighting against that entire notion.

I agree with you on most of it but ultimately @yorusugoi777 comment is on point. This is like the Seventh Pillar Chapter Comment Section of Fire Force all over again.

I personally enjoyed this chapter tho. Chapter 137 (previous chapter) was somewhat disappointing in terms of how Zeek turned into a good guy, but for this episode, it managed to balance cynicism and heroism well.

Users who are viewing this thread