Shingetsutan Tsukihime

Dex-chan lover
This is the closest thing to an actual Tsukihime anime that we'll ever get. Unless you count Carnival Phantasm

There was an actual Tsukihime anime. I'm not saying it was very good (granted, I haven't watched it, so what do I know?), but it exists.

Dex-chan lover
I get the strangest feeling that this picture needs to be put here for some reason.

086eacd479e355452f6e2a3e101168431405942655_full.png

The story is older than history itself but it's exactly what I need to get over the feelings after playing Umineko.

Next year Tsukihime will be 20 years old, and the remake is nowhere in sight and could be fated to become the Half Life 3 of visual novels.

Still the best Type Moon work for me, even if by today's standards the visual novel is worse than an old browser game, but then again - the story is so good it never fails to work its magic.

Dex-chan lover
Some chapters have really poor quality and translations unfortunately.

Group Leader
@KajurN Well, they were translated 10+ years ago. Some of the chapters are the ones ripped straight out of the English manga volumes, and some look exactly the part of a bleached out fan translation from a bygone era of a decade and a half ago (which is exactly what they are).

Double-page supporter
Huh, you know for as much as I heard this talked up for supposedly putting in most of the romance routes in a unique way it was really just a slight difference from the anime. Still really good, but I was hoping for the supposed greatness

Double-page supporter
@precognicent Yeah Tsuikihime's got an anime, but it's ancient, still pretty decent though. Can find it pretty much anywhere floating around, and here's the MAL page for it: https://myanimelist.net/anime/169/Shingetsutan_Tsukihime

iirc not an official one. That one is a Fan animation and I am talking about an actual Tsukihime anime.

Dex-chan lover
Tsukihime is basically Twilight for otaku boys, but I really like it.
The manga is as close as you get to the feel of the VN.
Good stuff, and Arcueid is perfection.

Ending was kind of confusing.
Also our boi shiki crying over a body he saw dead before.
Overall a 9/10, very enjoyable

Users who are viewing this thread