Full Clearing Another World under a Goddess with Zero Believers - Vol. 6 Ch. 30 - Lucy and Aya Talk to Each Other

Dex-chan lover
chances are that is not certain she have enough resources to help. I guess I Already said too much. The chapter when they came to Roses has many hints of whats going on.
I'm kind of curious, and want to ask you for spoilers.

I view it as black-box analysis. I don't care what someone's thoughts, beliefs, intentions are.
I'd much rather have a recalcitrantly societal-norm abiding deviant -- than an incompetent flower-headed social justice warrior.
Because as far as the "black box" outside world is concerned -- one does nothing, one causes harm.

I'll scroll back to that chapter for hints, but it's been so long I don't know where that is.
That still doesn't hint what's going on.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

I view it as black-box analysis. I don't care what someone's thoughts, beliefs, intentions are.
I'd much rather have a recalcitrantly societal-norm abiding deviant -- than an incompetent flower-headed social justice warrior.
Because as far as the "black box" outside world is concerned -- one does nothing, one causes harm.

I'll scroll back to that chapter for hints, but it's been so long I don't know where that is.
I don't know what gave you the impression that Sophia was an "incompetent flower-headed social justice warrior" because she anything but that. She's a highly competent ruler (that's why she's liked by everybody in the country even with her cold attitude) that always takes decisions in the most rational way.

There is a key element about her that you still don't know as of now but as you're asking for spoilers :
The Water Goddess choses the skills the inhabitants of the water country get at birth. She chosed Sophia as her oracle, and as religion is very important in this country, that made her the head of this country. To help her with this task, the water goddess gave her a skill called "Cold Heart" that allows her to stay composed at all time and take the best rational decision but makes her look, well... "cold hearted".
Honestly, even if her reaction towards Makoto at the beginning was unnecessirily rude, it wasn't unfair either. She's desesperate to add powerfull allies to her country because the resurrection of the Great Demon Lord is coming in a few years. She would never waste time or ressources for someone litterally weaker than a child (and neither would I nor you).
Finally, the water country is weak because the Goddess supposed to give powerfull skills to her people is as she says, a "pacifist" (meaning she's lazy).
So, everything you blame Sophia for, I blame the Water Goddess. Sophia is simply doing the best she can with the hand she was dealt.

I think there is also a little misunderstanding on your side. When Fujiyan says "They were trying to maintain the landscape", he's not talking about Sophia. He's talking about all the rulers of the water country during the 1000 years of peace since the last battle against the Great Demon Lord. They have developped Horn to become the most beautiful city of the continent and therefore have built only the strict minimum remparts around the city. But now that we know that the threat of the demons is back, Sophia decided to reinforce the walls, even if it makes the city uglier. "Why weren't they preparing?" They are. It's just that it takes time to build walls around a city as big as Horn.

Group Leader

The hints were mostly structural analysis of the country but if you are ok with Spoilers, sure why not. I even put a TL; DR in the end because I just noticed that the explanation got BIG, but here we go.

Let me first tell the situation of Roses. It's the weakest country on the continent. Weakest in military power, in the economy, in almost every aspect. On they side they only have things like "good tourism" but then there is just a little line from the chapter that they come to the country "Horn, one of the Leading TOurist attractions on the continent. Has very low defensive measures". I guess it might sound mundane but let's go back to the Labyrinth.

Why Princess Noel and the Hero of Light were there in the first place? Laberintos, the Labyrinth city is a territory from Roses. If taboo monsters show up, it is Roses business to deal with them, especially right before the resurrection of the Great Demon Lord, everyone is busy, but Noel still is helping. Of course, Sophia being there is a big deal too.

What Leonard sees as "she is always busy" is that she is always running everyone doing desperate diplomatic errands because the country can't deal with most issues by itself. Bending the head, asking favors... imagine a weaker country always asking hep for a stronger country to solve problems they should be able to solve. Roses is in this kind of situation.

That's mostly why as well when all the isekai ppl showed up, they barelly had any priority to chose which one could stay to protect the country. Noel kinda bribed the best ones and the ones that Sophia had to accept, ended up being the wost. I forgot if it is mentioned but 2 of them, one was kicked out because didnt care about fighting, was just fucking maids, and the other one I think got cripled? something, I forgot.

Ok, this is the country state of the situation, back to Sophia herself. This is something that will be revealed in 2 chapters. She was mostly never cruel to Makoto.

Remember how she treated him in Water Temple? It's not that she didn't think he was not worthy, it was because she thought he was too weak to be sent to the frontlines so it was better for him at that point to stay away from combat, because would be safer for such a weak civilian.

Of course, WE knew that he was training insanely and he needed that protection because he needed to farm years of life and yada yada, but that's when comes her defect of judging too fast. Sadly she requires this fast judging of the situation because she just doesn't have time, resources, and time to just slowly access the situation and help everyone. The country can't afford to waste time.

Regarding Leo yes, she looked a bit cruel, but this is mostly her jealousy of Leo lol. At this point to her, Makoto was just one capable fighter that still has his business to take but didn't understand why the Hero of the Country would take lessons from him since mostly Makoto is an Apprentice Magician, and not only that shows how much in a sad state Roses is. The Hero of the Country asking assistance for a simple adventurer of the lowest rank?

Leo argues that its because Makoto's magic is like Art doesn't help because on her head she needs military resources, so she could at least start to deal with the country's issues.

It's not even for pride, this looks bad for the population in general. In the same way, the assistance in Labyrintos, if badly managed, the rumors will make the morale of the country's population drop even more, and if they start to lose the big business ppl from the country, then they are just screwed for good.

That's why even after the Water Temple incident, she still sticks to a harsher approach. Not to be mean, but she needs to show that Roses can hold their shit together and don't need to bend their heads all the time for favors, even if they actually are in a state where they NEED to do that.

And ok, to finish, the icing on the cake, it always looks like she is mean to Makoto because.... of her stare right? The cold stare, emotionless look when saying all of this and making all of this, making then Makoto think that she sees him badly and stuff. That's going to be revealed in chapter 32 (I saw a preview of that), that's when comes into play her skill, "Coldhearted" (forgot the right name). It works really similarly to Makoto's Clearmind, but a weaker version, but the side effect of the person looking like a cold stone wall person is mostly the same. That's why she is always known as an unshakable Princess and doesn't matter how bad the situation of the country is, her knights and civilians still trust her a lot for not losing composure.

So basically her cold stare looks exactly the same as Makoto's from other people's perspectives. More and more it will be clear that when Makoto is fighting desperate situations and is unshaken, ppl start to fear a bit him because he looks like a Psychopath that has no feelings.

TL; DR: The Country is in a sorry poor state that has to beg everyone for assistance for everything. She is the lead of the country and is dealing with issues all the time and needs to stay strong all the time. She mostly never was cruel to Makoto, or she didn't want to throw him to harm, or was just jealous of Leonard. She has a "Coldhearted" skill that makes her outside look like a coldhearted person.

Anyway, that's mostly a spoiler for the situation of what's going on now and what Sophia did so far. About questions like redemption, she opening herself to Makoto about this issue or not I will not go into this territory right now unless you absolutely insist, because those topics will require some rly big spoilers, but keep in mind that Makoto is still wary of her, but is forcing some goodwill because it is on Noah's plans to be on the good graces of Princess Sophia and Noel.

So yeah I guess this should be... mmm....50-60% maybe of the whole Princess Sophia issue that was not explained yet on why she is the way she is.

Ah right before ending let me adress the 3 topics you mentioned:

She never gets rly bothered by it. It's a bit too soon to explain this but she has a natural confusion and maybe even aversion to Makoto's belief but nothing big in particular because Roses is a more open religious country. You can have any belief system, but you can't preach other religions other than from Goddess Eir. So yeah for her this was never such a big deal. She eventually will ask again for him to convert, but when she refuses she just gets a bit sad but nothing else.

Here I think you are talking about Noah? But yeah, Noah never held anything bad towards Sophia. Both Noah and Leonard are well aware that Sophia is just a kind hardworking person in the end.

And I explained in the long version. They are always with low resources rebuilding the country and trying to get a military. They were always preparing but were always behind in structure and military power because they just don't have resources and priority on acquiring strong fighters.

I guess it's mostly it for now :)

Dex-chan lover
I guess it's mostly it for now :)

Thanks for the additional context.

Authors love spinning up a villain, then pulling a "heel face turn" (trope name) by backfilling context.
(Think of all those poorly written 'shoot the shaggy dog' flashback scenes in manga, right before a villain is killed.)
Rather than planning from the get-go. I wonder how this WN was developed, if it had this depth and planning to it.

I still don't sympathize with her; but that is my own personality. Decisions have consequences -- the mature accept them.
I would still consider her choice a "failed business investment opportunity, due to poor decision making process".
I'm sure the companies that mocked <insert company X> initially, are sincerely regretting their poor decisions.
(Most neutral example right now would be Blockbuster and their mockery of Netflix's pitch to be their online division.)

Without discussing your spoilers' content (otherwise I'd have to spoiler this) -- it provides valuable context and framing.
And thank you very much for taking the effort to type that all out. Manga abridges WN/LN -- so I appreciate the full story!

I look forward to your continued fan work, and your engagement with the community!
You're an AllenAllenAllen333 (formerly Iron Ladies TL) chad in that regard.

Dex-chan lover
Anyway, in my country, polygamy is legal. It is allowed as long as all parties involved agree. According to state law, there is no limit on the number of wives, but in our belief, the maximum is four.

Not really related to the story, but just for your information only.
I've wondered, if 3-4 people are married as you said, what happens when they move to another country that doesn't allow polygamy? is it null? just curious

Dex-chan lover
I've wondered, if 3-4 people are married as you said, what happens when they move to another country that doesn't allow polygamy? is it null? just curious
If they stay abroad for an extended period for work-related reasons, there may be no problem. However, if you mean moving and changing their citizenship to another country, they must decide that for themselves, perhaps.

Moreover, it is this so rare (to the extend of extremely rare) for our people to change their citizenship. One reason is that they would lose all rights associated with being citizens, including the right to own land.

Group Leader
Thanks for the additional context.

Authors love spinning up a villain, then pulling a "heel face turn" (trope name) by backfilling context.
(Think of all those poorly written 'shoot the shaggy dog' flashback scenes in manga, right before a villain is killed.)
Rather than planning from the get-go. I wonder how this WN was developed, if it had this depth and planning to it.

I still don't sympathize with her; but that is my own personality. Decisions have consequences -- the mature accept them.
I would still consider her choice a "failed business investment opportunity, due to poor decision making process".
I'm sure the companies that mocked <insert company X> initially, are sincerely regretting their poor decisions.
(Most neutral example right now would be Blockbuster and their mockery of Netflix's pitch to be their online division.)

Without discussing your spoilers' content (otherwise I'd have to spoiler this) -- it provides valuable context and framing.
And thank you very much for taking the effort to type that all out. Manga abridges WN/LN -- so I appreciate the full story!

I look forward to your continued fan work, and your engagement with the community!
You're an AllenAllenAllen333 (formerly Iron Ladies TL) chad in that regard.
Thx and don't worry, it's different knowing the context and experiencing the story yourself in the end XD.

I'm not sure if you will warm up to her in the end but if the Novel community is anything, the magna readers will change a lot their opinion on her.... if anything she is one of the favorites right now.

But I agree with you that most of the narrative maneuvers to make her make a turn were a bit.... cheap XD... but again its not like the writer is a genius, he just from time to time, without fail, make some amazing plot ideas and characters so I can't avoid hyping, even with the flaws.

Dex-chan lover

IIRC from a author's notes chapter, they had at least planned out exactly what the final battle would be, but the journey of getting there was molded a bit differently due to reader's reactions to some of the characters.

Group Leader
IIRC from a author's notes chapter, they had at least planned out exactly what the final battle would be, but the journey of getting there was molded a bit differently due to reader's reactions to some of the characters.

Actually he did explain on the after notes that there was a bulky and pretty detailed idea of how the story should have gone but yeah, as Kuragwane is saying, basd on teh feedback of the readers he changed a lot of stuff. Some romantic dynamics, some battles changes a lot, specially the last battles.

Dex-chan lover
If there is a world where women have equal power (such as through magic, for example), I would postulate that it isn't merely polygamy that would be normalized, but also polyandry and probably polyamory (though not for royal families, maybe).

I mean, those were all "normal," even in our universe, for all of history right up until a little over 200 years ago, so... seems to make sense here?

Also, not really sure about Oeach-Bottom Prince, but whatever works for the MC I 'spose...

Users who are viewing this thread