Shinju no Nectar - Ch. 41 - Uprising

Dex-chan lover
Alrighty then since they suicidal to the point verging on red army levels of not one step back let's get the heavy artillery out and make it rain harder than it did in verdun

Dex-chan lover
@Finemang That sucks your print versions got lost. Hope the delivery service or the company you bought from are willing to replace it. Nothing worse than expecting a package only for it to never arrive.

Shit just got serious real fast! So who's Kai going to find first for his marebito power up? >:D

He wants democracy, eh? It's just recently that I discover this myself, but democracy isn't as good as advertised.
It's a government elected by the people, for the people, and from the people. That in itself is already a problem. If the country is full of nothing but smart and capable people, then the government will be smart and capable to. However, if the country is filled with nothing but morons and incompetents, then the government will be moronic and incompetent. The government in a democracy reflects its people like a mirror in that way. If the situation is like the former, then it's all good. However, in reality, most situations in each and every country in every world (not just ours) are the latter, where the people itself is moronic and incompetents, and the result is.... Well, you can see it today, as the Coronavirus is making it really apparent.

Don't get me wrong, I am not supporting communism, khalifa, or democracy or any other system. It's just that we should probably stop making Democracy look like it's the perfect system. Maybe it's time we try something new, like maybe mixing all of those system?

Dex-chan lover
@Deadkinginhell you know democracy works wonders when you put competent people but requires them to win elections that cost money. So big budget win. + Check the first public presidential speech if their vocabulary is poor well too bad.

@Kamelpov
The famous "put the right guy at the right place". Yeah, it works... Only if "the boss" is smart enough to do that.
In Democracy, the people is "the boss". If the boss knows and understands that it's imperative to put the right guy at the right place, it's good. Problem is, most bosses in every country in the world don't know or understand that at all.

Dex-chan lover
This kind of revolution reminds me of the one portrayed in Les Miserables.
I agree with @DeadKinginHell and @Kamelpov.
Democracy is sometimes over blown as ideal form of government but this plot direction for the story will be real interesting since it basically represents the U.K. prior to the establishment of an elected parliament.

Addendum: One of the greatest challenges for democracies and any other form of goverment is sustained progression since the effectiveness of any leader is reliant on the continuation of policies in his term by his successors, support from the populace and any number of external factors.

Double-page supporter
I do prefer monarchy in this case more than democracy...

Dex-chan lover
It's always highly convenient when your enemies kill themselves without you having to lift a finger.

Dex-chan lover
@Cant_Roar Their friend that Sakura and Doronea made after they infiltrated the school and went missing after the orgy incident.

Fed-Kun's army
stupid kids locked themselves... just let them starve to death and the rebellion will be over.

Fed-Kun's army
Well were do we go from here? Drug crazed Students who got in a way mindcontrolled are starting a revolt with the aim of overthrowing noble rule?

Dex-chan lover
Rather than trying to start a democracy it seems more like they are trying to make Albion self destruct. After all they can't just expect the people in power to just up and say "yeah sure". As we've seen from past stories nobles aren't the easiest ppl to negotiate with.

Dex-chan lover
@DeadKinginHell

You sound young. I do think you're oversimplifying and generalising things a bit but politics is interesting to think about.

You may enjoy watching Legend of the Galactic heroes. It's one of the few anime out there which actually discuss democracy and autocracy.

Users who are viewing this thread