Shinju no Nectar - Vol. 16 Ch. 74 - Doronea's Request

Dex-chan lover
Well how about that. Not the flavor of evil I was expecting with her.

Dex-chan lover
Her entire clame to fame is she's not a noble, just evil and corrupt
Yeah sure. The woman with the giant mansion, tons of money, and a slave pit where she can keep her victims and monsters to rape said victims isn't considered a noble in society.

Dex-chan lover
I always thought that Doronea covered her face with the scarf all the time and her face is shownd only to us the readers for aesthetic reason. Seems like I was wrong. :questionblob:

Well, in her head she's already married to Kai so maybe it's fine? Or am I a nerd trying to find reason in booba manga, who knows?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yeah sure. The woman with the giant mansion, tons of money, and a slave pit where she can keep her victims and monsters to rape said victims isn't considered a noble in society.
The archetype of her character is ambitious, commoner girl who backstabbed her way into position of power and influence. The current chapter confirmed as such.

Dex-chan lover
The archetype of her character is ambitious, commoner girl who backstabbed her way into position of power and influence. The current chapter confirmed as such.
Doesn't mean her status hasn't been promoted to nobility. Nobility is traditionally a bloodline thing, but just like noble house holds can fall into decline and their names become meaningless, so too can people be promoted to nobility through their deeds by royalty. Every indication we have seen indicates she has been promoted to nobility, and is no longer a commoner.

Dex-chan lover
man I hoped she’d be something else other than this?
like an actually cunning meticulous planner who was a dominatrix on the side?

Dex-chan lover
Damn, the girl is racist af. She need to be thrown into a group of goblins.

And I bet the med she gave to her husband is most likely a poison. The kind of poison to debilitate you and barely keep you alive.

Dex-chan lover
Doesn't mean her status hasn't been promoted to nobility. Nobility is traditionally a bloodline thing, but just like noble house holds can fall into decline and their names become meaningless, so too can people be promoted to nobility through their deeds by royalty. Every indication we have seen indicates she has been promoted to nobility, and is no longer a commoner.
She has married a noble*, so you could say that.
The problem is that her political career is based on "I'm commoner like you, support me." Second, nobility is matter of title and please notice everyone, including herself, call her senator Doris Valor, not duchess or countess or whatever. So in reality, no one sees her as noble.

Edit: Her character, as portrayed in manga, is not that of decadent noble, but a upstart drunk on power. It really doesn't matter whether she was promoted to nobility or not.

*It's also of interest that she keeps him alive albeit in vegetative state, which could mean her own position in her new family is a matter of question and/or doubt.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread