Shinju no Nectar - Vol. 16 Ch. 74 - Doronea's Request

Dex-chan lover
I expected her to be an elitist, because a fuckin' politician that use the "I used to be a commoner like you, so follow me" is rarely a good person. But good God, I don't expect her to also be a racist. I mean, when she wants to weaponize the truth that Kai is actually a human instead of that he's not General Grey, you could really see what kinda person she is.

And yes, I think this is our first comically evil villain. And it seems that the author really wants to emphasize that, what with all those panel of her looking at the boy's ears and fangs, eventhough her monologue and behaviour at the end of the chapter is enough imo.

Dex-chan lover
She has married a noble*, so you could say that.
The problem is that her political career is based on "I'm commoner like you, support me." Second, nobility is matter of title and please notice everyone, including herself, call her senator Doris Valor, not duchess or countess or whatever. So in reality, no one sees her as noble.

Edit: Her character, as portrayed in manga, is not that of decadent noble, but a upstart drunk on power. It really doesn't matter whether she was promoted to nobility or not.

*It's also of interest that she keeps him alive albeit in vegetative state, which could mean her own position in her new family is a matter of question and/or doubt.
Everyone, including herself, calls her senator but thats clearly been established as a public persona she has developed for herself. None of what the public thinks about her is real, shes married a noble, so she is a noble now, and is corrupt and evil. Doesn't matter if shes an upstart drunk on power, its just another case of this worlds nobles being mostly evil and corrupt. The methods by which she became one doesn't matter, shes just better at hiding it from the public and thus has no detractors.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Everyone, including herself, valls her senator but thats clearly been established as a public persona she has developed for herself. None of what the public thinks about her is real, shes married a noble, so she is a noble now, and is corrupt and evil. Doesn't matter if shes an upstart drunk on power, its just another case of this worlds nobles being mostly evil and corrupt. The methods by which she became one doesn't matter, shes just better at hiding it from the public and thus has no detractors.
Ahem. The author clearly went out of his way to give her this backstory, if he just wanted her to be evil and corrupt noble, he would make her a daugther of a established family, the mangas are full of such characters.
So, if you perceive her as just another corrupt and evil noble then you are missing out a major part of her character.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not gonna kink shame but man ... some people can get off on some weird shit, LOL. Also, please don't forget that Dorothea can throw hands ... not that it means much when you are handcuffed but still. Let's see how this plays out and if the monster pit comes back to literally bite her in the cooch.

Dex-chan lover
Ahem. The author clearly went out of his way to give her this backstory, if he just wanted her to be evil and corrupt noble, he would make her a daugther of a established family, the mangas are full of such characters.
So, if you perceive her as just another corrupt and evil noble then you are missing out a major part of her character.
The author gave a backstory to all the other corrupt and evil nobles we have met too. Not sure what your argument here was.

Dex-chan lover
The author gave a backstory to all the other corrupt and evil nobles we have met too. Not sure what your argument here was.
Doesn't matter.
I'm not talking about them, I'm talking about this particular character, Doris Valor.

Dex-chan lover
I really love Gil and Shizuna in this story. They started off as such cool enemies, and are now probably Kai's most consistently useful allies. This is one manga with a near perfect balance of plot and 'plot.'

Dex-chan lover
Aaand she's cray-cray. I knew it. Really hope she gets exposed

Dex-chan lover
I love the little detail that Doronea still isn't completely comfortable showing her face to people she doesn't completely trust, and often ends up hiding it in embarassment.

Users who are viewing this thread